Our resident big brother turned the big one this Saturday! FIVE! I can hardly believe it. He's been here for five years. How is that even possible? We've come along way! I say we, because it's taken me a long time to get to this point too. I was a mess after he was born. Lol. Funny now, not so funny to me back then!
He really is special and is a great little guy. He's very smart (of course he his) and has a need to understand and explain everything. There have been moments this past week where I've overheard him really taking care of Lil Bit and talking kindly to her...on his own (without me telling him to). He loves spending quality time with the people he loves. He thrives with one on one time. He has a very tender heart and is sensitive and passionate. We're trying to pull him out of the self-centered world of toddler-dom, which is not an easy task, but we see him making strides.
We love him to the moon and back. No doubt about that.
I can't believe he's going to be in Kindergarten this fall. He already said he didn't want to go to school all day long because he wanted to spend time with Maggie and me. I thought to myself, I'm going to miss you too, Buddy. Sniff. Sniff.
He really is special and is a great little guy. He's very smart (of course he his) and has a need to understand and explain everything. There have been moments this past week where I've overheard him really taking care of Lil Bit and talking kindly to her...on his own (without me telling him to). He loves spending quality time with the people he loves. He thrives with one on one time. He has a very tender heart and is sensitive and passionate. We're trying to pull him out of the self-centered world of toddler-dom, which is not an easy task, but we see him making strides.
We love him to the moon and back. No doubt about that.
I can't believe he's going to be in Kindergarten this fall. He already said he didn't want to go to school all day long because he wanted to spend time with Maggie and me. I thought to myself, I'm going to miss you too, Buddy. Sniff. Sniff.
![]() |
| Space shuttle with rocket boosters that fall off into the ocean! This was his very specific request. |
![]() |
| A little something for Lil Bit. |
![]() |
| Globe! And his "5" bday shirt that I made for him. He said he LOVED it! |
![]() |
| TNMT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) Michelangelo, dude! |
![]() |
| Spidey! |
![]() |
| Spidey Lil Sis! |
![]() |
| Bow and Arrow! |
![]() |
| FIVE candles. |
![]() |
| This picture really captures the essence of our Boo. Just so excited about being loved. |











3 comments:
Happy Birthday Grady! Looks like a lot of cool stuff! Where does the time go? He has definately turned out to be a very special young man! We all live him so!
Aunt R
P.S. Cool shirt Mom!
Love him too ,our Rocket Man!
Love , BeBe
Happy Birthday Grady!!
Looks like you really had a great day to turning 5. We all love you a lot. G & GP,K, P, M.
Post a Comment