Boo wanted a dinosaur party this year. And he wanted a bouncy house. And me, being the awesome Mom that I am, was able to find a dinosaur bouncy house from a party rental place in town. Score!! I reserved it last month and thought, eh, surely it won't rain. These things always work out. Well, as we got closer and closer to party hour, it was clear...the weather was not going to cooperate with our outdoor party plans. It rained all. day. long! So, I cancelled the bouncy house and plan B was hatched. It was still a great time and a perfect little 4 year old bday party! Here are some pics from his bday week!
Making cupcakes to take to school. Lightning McQueen, of course.
I saw an idea on pinterest to put balloons in your child's room so that when they wake up on their bday morning, their room is full of balloons! I was so excited to do this! He was calling me from his room... "Mama...why are their balloons in my room?" It was so cute! And when I told him they were for his bday, he was super excited.
We kept a few cupcakes out from the box to take to school to eat on his actual bday.
Lil Bit enjoyed hers and is asking for more by opening her mouth as wide as she can!
Our big 4 year old...nice and neat!
Bday party day! The guest of honor and his mom!
A friend of mine from high school made his cake. It was yummy!
I made these dino tails for the kids to wear and to take home after the party. I loved them! I think the kiddos enjoyed them too. They were another pinterest inspiration.
Diggin for dino bones...on the porch...b/c of rain.
A Pteranadon!
Pin the head on the dino! Look at how close he got! I'm skeptical...I think he could see...
Miss E was not so close...that's hers on the door!
Lil Bit had a turn.
Miss C modeling her dino tail.
Cute-asourus.
...
Replacing a bouncy house with a book is pretty lame but it was a sing along book about dinos and pretty much all we could think of at this point. It sort of kept their attention. I skipped forward a lot, but it filled the time.
I lost these dinos during the book reading. ha!
Dancing to "them bones..."
We had hotdogs and chips.
And cake, of course!
Sweet Miss H! So glad to be able to share Boo's bday with our friends and family that we don't usually get to see on his bday. Obviously, we missed B-man tremendously, but this is as good as you can get if your Dad can't be there.
Present time!
And here's one video! These dinos are the cutest!!
I know, this is alot of pics. But B-man wasn't able to be there...so he has to see everything this way!!
A HUGE thank you to all of our friends and family for helping me pull off this party!! Everyone stepped in and helped from the planning, the execution, to the clean up, to the watching of Lil Bit, etc. I couldn't have done it without you all! And thanks to B for taking pictures. They turned out great. Boo's already talking about his 5th bday party...oh boy!
All the kiddos are cute! Thanks for all the pics ... they really help to tell the story. I am so glad that you all had such a good time on Boo's special day! Great job planning/prepping everything, Mama. Way to go! Love, B-Man
I had a great time at the party! I only wish there was a dino tail for me:( Everything was perfect! Job well done! I don't think Boo missed the jump castle one bit! Love Aunt R
6 comments:
You are too cute--way to go! LOVE the dino tails--so darn crafty! Looks like it was an awesome party. Can't wait for daddy to be there for #5!
It was a fun day! You did a great job planning everything. I do believe all the little dinos enjoyed the day.
Love, BeBe
Such a great birthday party. We loved the tails the most-est. They were dinotastic! :) Beth
What a fun party!! Loving all of your thoughtful touches ... That G is one lucky little boy!
All the kiddos are cute! Thanks for all the pics ... they really help to tell the story. I am so glad that you all had such a good time on Boo's special day! Great job planning/prepping everything, Mama. Way to go!
Love, B-Man
I had a great time at the party! I only wish there was a dino tail for me:( Everything was perfect! Job well done! I don't think Boo missed the jump castle one bit! Love Aunt R
Post a Comment