Saturday, December 1, 2007

Christmastide


We love this time of year in our house. We love listening to the music, putting up the tree, setting out the nativity scene, making cookies, and being with family and friends. That being said, it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of it all and become scrooge like as we sit in traffic, or stand in long lines at the store, or while trying to find the perfect gift (perhaps at the last minute any gift) for those on our shopping list! Although, I'm sure none of you wait til the last minute. :)
When we start to feel this way, let's take time to remember the reason for the season...His gracious and merciful gift, the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.

So, put on your favorite Christmas song and take a moment to sit, be still, listen to the words and be refreshed in the true spirit of Christmas.
Here are our favorite Christmas songs. What are yours?
Click on the links to listen.
Carolina Girl: O Holy Night
B-Man: Silent Night
MPH and KEH, notice in the picture your Christmas card on our mantel.

4 comments:

B-Mama said...

I'm a sucker for Nat King Cole's, "Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire". As church hymns go, my favorite would definitely be "Joy to the World"... LOVE Christmas music! So glad to see the Faye's getting into the Spirit of the season. Warm hugs!

Rachel said...

My favorite is definitely Judy Garland's "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas." I used to listen to it during the Christmases when Jon was in Iraq and loved the line "next year all our troubles will be out of sight." Jon's favorite is "The Little Drummer Boy." And while I hate to speak for Tanner, I think he would probably say his is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." :)

Anonymous said...

Well ... you know me, I like the old jazzy, R&B Christmas songs. I also like the religious hymns, with "O Little Town of Bethlehem" as one of my favorites. I love the tree and that beautiful Christmas tree skirt! ;~)
That MPH is really on the ball with his Christmas cards! See ya soon. Love Mama

Anonymous said...

We are honored to have made it to the mantle. Thank you, Sears Portrait Studio! As far as Christmas songs, I've always liked "Feliz Navidad" and the Eagles'"Please Come Home for Christmas." Bye the way, I am loving your blog!