Wednesday, February 22, 2012

In God We Trust

I couldn't delay getting this post up any longer. I've already forgotten what Boo was talking about earlier today when I was trying to get us all in the house. Lil Bit wanted to do everything by herself. I had 4 bags to carry inside and Boo was talking nonstop about something. And I can't remember what it was now. But, I'm guessing he asked me about something and I answered and he probably responded with his usual...why. And I said (in a tone of exasperation and slight irritation), "Boo, just trust me okay?!" And he looked me square in the eye right there on the front porch, pointed to the sky and said in his deep little voice, "Mama, I trust God, okay Mama?"

Uh, what? Err. Okay. Wow! I definitely wasn't expecting that. I was kind of speechless. I finally said (with a grin from ear to ear), "Yes, that's right. We do trust God. You. are. right!"  I mean, what else could I say? Way to go Lil Boo!!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! That says it all!
Love, BeBe

The Masini Family: said...

Psalms 25:2 just came up on my blog in the sidebar! Amazing that he has such a deep understanding so young. Amen, is right! Brings a smile to my face! Good job, mama!

Anonymous said...

This post made my day! Who knew the words of such a little guy could be the inspiration I need to get through the next couple of weeks.
Allyson

Elso said...

Adorable and amazing! I learn new and old lessons every day from the things my kids say.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!!! It's amazing how much he has learned from you!
Aunt R