1. As he is getting older and desiring more freedom, he's finding himself in the hot seat more often. And I've taken to calling him by his first and last names.
Me: BOO FAYE! You stop... (insert whatever inappropriate behavior he is currently displaying)!
Boo: I'm not Boo Faye, I'm Boo!
And not too long after I said "Boo Faye" a couple of times, he would respond to me with, "NO, MAMA FAYE!"
3. We had this little conversation over breakfast one morning:
Boo: Mama, where's Jesus?
Me: Jesus is in heaven with God.
Boo: Where's heaven?
Me: Umm...way up in the sky. (does anyone have a better answer for a lil guy?)
Boo: I want Jesus to come play today.
Me: I don't think he's going to come today, bud. He's going to come one day, but we won't know when it is.
Boo: I want Jesus to come live in the hotel with us.
Me: smile :)
I know I've forgotten some of the funny things he's said. Do y'all remember any that I've told you that you don't see here? If so, please add them in the comments section so I can have them documented for posterity.
Oh, BeBe also suggested that I document my original song that we sing to Boo at night. We usually sing a few songs before bed and last summer he requested a tractor song. Well, I didn't know any tractor songs, so I made one up and we've been singing it everyday since. This is how it goes...
Tractor, tractor I love you so.Have a great Wednesday!
Tractor, tractor, look at us go.
Tractor, tractor your wheels are big and round.
Tractor, tractor all over town.
Tractor, tractor your color is red.
Trac-tor, it's t-i-m-e f-o-r b-e-d.
2 comments:
Love this! It's so much fun hearing what kids' say. He's a smart little guy.
I like your song! It's cool. As a musician, I love original lyrics ;-)
Post a Comment