...he'll probably want to see another and another and another (for those of you who aren't parents of small children, this is my attempt at referencing the book, If You Give a Moose a Muffin).
Let's just say there was a lot of moose talk before we came to Alaska. So, it's really no surprise when Boo woke up in the airport in Alaska that all he could get out through the tears of exhaustion was, "Mama...where's a moose?"
For the next 24 hours all we heard was more requests to see a moose. Oh boy. 24 hours later and we still had not seen one. So, when I went to the store to get some groceries, I came across some stuffed moose and was hopeful that they would do the trick and quench Boo's thirst for a moose sighting. Well, he's three now, and is a big brother and a big boy so, those shenanigans don't work as well as they used to. He was very happy to see a moose, but wanted the real thing as evidenced in the video below.
Let's just say there was a lot of moose talk before we came to Alaska. So, it's really no surprise when Boo woke up in the airport in Alaska that all he could get out through the tears of exhaustion was, "Mama...where's a moose?"
For the next 24 hours all we heard was more requests to see a moose. Oh boy. 24 hours later and we still had not seen one. So, when I went to the store to get some groceries, I came across some stuffed moose and was hopeful that they would do the trick and quench Boo's thirst for a moose sighting. Well, he's three now, and is a big brother and a big boy so, those shenanigans don't work as well as they used to. He was very happy to see a moose, but wanted the real thing as evidenced in the video below.
| And then, in the building where the housing office was located, B-man discovered these moose. They were definitely big, but still not live. So, we were getting closer... |
| And finally, as we were driving off post, I spotted one!! These pics aren't the best, but here she is! |
Boo was very happy to see this moose. But, now that he's seen one...he wants to see another, and another, and another! :)
In other toddler news, we heard the dreaded three letter word out of our lil guy's mouth a couple of days ago.
Can you guess what it was???
Can you guess what it was???
4 comments:
Love the moose antics. Adorable video! What a sweet Boo!
Ding! Ding! Ding! Granny wins!!!
I can't even remember why he asked why, but it stopped B-man and me cold in our tracks. We stole a glance at each other and sighed. We've entered a new phase. The good news, I've only heard it once since then. I know it's necessary for his development and really shows that his brain is working and that he's trying to figure things out, but whew, I could use a little respite before jumping into the "why phase".
....sure fun to check in, see all the pics and read of all the goings ons.....Neal
Granny's smarter than I! I was coming up with some pretty disturbing three letter words. haha. I want to see another and another too. Please post more! :-)
Post a Comment