Monday, November 24, 2008

Tubby Time

Dig, Dig, Dig!

You might be asking yourself, "What is Carolina Girl saying that is so funny?". Well, when we took swimming lessons, the code word for what you do with your arms was "dig". So, when Boo started "digging" his arms in the bath last night, I would say...dig, dig, dig. And for whatever reason, he thought it was hilarious!!!

I was glad to end the day on a happy note because he's been so whiny and needy lately. Wanting to be held or wanting to climb on me ALL THE TIME! I can hardly put him down. I've been looking into it online and I'm reading that it is just a phase of separation anxiety. Boy, do I hope so. It wears me out! But, when we have moments like the ones featured above, I quickly forget about the bad ones.

Any advice on the separation anxiety issue or similar stories to tell? It always makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess that tub needs to come here in Dec. so he can "dig, dig, dig"! He sure does love the water and I love seeing/hearing him laughing and having a good time.
Just think, one month from tonight, SANTA comes !!!!!
Love, BeBe

Rachel said...

Don't worry! It is, indeed, a phase! And one that Tanner has gone through more than once! I actually looked back on my blog to March/April when Tanner was just about G-Boo's age. I found a tidbit you might like:

"Tanner is going through a little phase right now (please confirm that this is, indeed, a phase!). He really is not happy unless I am within arm's distance of him and he can reach out and touch me. The only other time he is happy is when he is eating Cheerios. Let's just say he was not a very helpful mover."

Just try to cherish the sweet times with him, just like I know you are doing! My pastor came into the kitchen last week at MOPS while I was cleaning up the mess from our breakfast buffet and I have to say that I was at my wit's end with Tanner! It had been a stressful morning and he was into EVERYTHING and it looked like I was NEVER going to get out of there! My pastor, not knowing any of this, came in and patted Tanner's head and said that just that morning he and his wife were reminiscing about when his 16-year old was that age -- about how cute he was, and how funny, and how time goes by so fast. It definitely helped me to put things into perspective! They will be adults before we know it!

Sorry this was so long! Hang in there, mama! You're doing an awesome job!