All of you parents out there know how hard it is to connect with your spouse when you have other wonderful beings needing your attention. Well, taking a cue from our friend Elena who has been enjoying a "Margarita Wednesday" with her girlfriends while their husbands are deployed, B-man and I have decided to institute a "Wine Thursday" at our house ( I know, Wine Wednesday has a better ring to it, but B is in school on Wed nights).
We've been doing it for about a month now and it's been GREAT! We're committed to doing it every Thursday, so we know it's coming and it's something to look forward to. The rest of the week, I usually rush off to bed after G goes to sleep as I'm one who has always valued 8 hours of sleepy time but, on Thursdays, after G-Boo falls asleep for the night we pour a glass of wine and sit on the back patio in the rocking chairs and just talk for a while. It's a great chance to finish conversations started throughout the week, reconnect, and to talk about whatever we want. Murray and Sandy have enjoyed frolicking in the cooler nighttime temperatures and lying in the grass.
We've also enjoyed watching the lightning bugs and picking out constellations in the sky. Murray and Sandy have enjoyed chasing the lightning bugs. It's cute to watch...don't worry, they don't usually catch them :)
Perhaps this is something you all could start in your own homes, it's definitely been a great addition to our home! Thanks Elena for the idea.
BeBe...I got your comment...more pics soon to come!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey Sally, Guess where I am - I am with Frances, Jay's Mama. Believe it or not, I am giving her instructions on how to blog.
Love Mama
I think its great that you are having wine Thursday!!!! We kinda stole it from the movie Failure to launch. The have Champagne Thursday in the movie. We decided that margaritas were more fitting for the summer time and wednesdays worked better for us.
Now S you could invite some neighbors over to join you. Great way to make friends. Hint Hint.
Well, I had a fabulous time visiting with my friend today. She taught me how to kayak! : ) I now have the bug and would love to have easy access to the water so I could get one. Frances loves your blog. And she thinks G-Boo is just too cute.
Love you, BeBe
S, this is an awesome idea and really inspiring as we get ready to add #3 and more craziness to our lives. Thanks for the tip! You and B-man are the cutest. :)
I LOVE this idea! Just what we need around here! I'm thinking Wine Wednesdays for us!
Thanks so much for posting about this!
Hi Sally,
Oh my you are such a beautiful young lady. Love little Boo. He's adorable and I know you are enjoying being a mother. Robbie and I had so much fun kayacking yesterday. Hope she comes often!
This blog is great and I hope Jayi
will get one started so I can watch my grandchild, Madeline.
Love ya, Frances Lodge
Ms Frances
I'm so glad you and Mom had a great time kayaking yesterday. She told me how much fun you had. Thanks for the compliments too!! :)
Yes, tell Jay to start a blog. I'd love to see him and his family. It's been soooooo long!
Love ya!
Sally
Post a Comment