Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fire Rips Through Cypress Campground...Again.

I'm so sad to report that another fire has ravaged tents at Cypress Campground. If you remember, back in April, there was a fire that destroyed several tents. That fire was ruled suspicious, but as far as I know, the culprit was never found. And early yesterday morning, fire raged again, destroying 9 more tents. The last tent that was destroyed had a cement brick wall that slowed the fire enough to allow the firefighters to put out the blaze.

Fire has ripped through the campground before, but never 2 fires so close together. I can only imagine how sad the site appears in person. We will get our firsthand look in July when we go home to visit.

I'm a little at a loss for words. It's quite devastating for all involved. There are so many wonderful memories at the campground...

Here are some photos taken from http://www.charleston.net/.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a sad sight to see. I hope that this will be the last of the fires. It really saddens my heart to see this happen again. But on the other hand, it brings joy that the tent owners from the first fire are beginnig to rebuild their tents as I am sure these tent owners will do also. It is for sure, camp meeting will go on in October no matter what. Remind me, and I will try to take pics during that time so your fellow bloggers who have never had the "Camp Meeting Experience" can see a little bit of what makes us all so happy to be part of it.
Love, BeBe

Teacher-Mom said...

I'm so sorry to read that something so terrible has happened again. Hopefully most tent owners will be able to rebuild and this will somehow make the meeting experience even stronger.