Sunday, December 30, 2012

Hawaii 2012

What a wonderful treat it was to hop on a Space A flight to Hawaii! B-man and I felt like we were on the Amazing Race, trying to get on the flight in the first place, get lodging, car rentals, etc. It was an adventure from the start. We welcomed the 90 degree temperature shift, going from -10 degrees to 80 degrees, as well as the FIVE extra hours of daylight we enjoyed on Oahu. We stayed in Army recreation cabins that were literally like 25 yards from the beach! Perfect!







I had to take this picture of Lil Bit because we took a pic of Boo when we went to Hawaii 2 years ago in the exact same location, outside of Haleiwa Joe's restaurant.

Shaka!

Beautiful beach at the lagoons in Ko Olina.

Breaking it down hula style at the Waikiki Beach Park.
They have a free hula show a couple of nights/week.

Our cabin.

Enjoying the sunset over Pearl Harbor.


We stayed at some dear friends house on the AFB there while we waited on a flight back to AK. I knew these babes when they were Boo and Bit's ages back in Colorado. I can't believe how much they have grown. This family is very, very dear to me. I'm so glad we got to spend some time with them. The only pic I could get of all of them is while they were picnicking on the floor.



Lil Bit getting ready to take her first steps into the Pacific.

Boo got sunscreen in his eyes and was miserable.

Haleiwa Joe's

They were worn out from the beach!

Hehehehe!

Super cute in snow AND beach clothes!


While we were waiting on our C-17 out of HI, we came across this plane.

Air Force One right there at the same terminal as us.
Alas, we did not return to AK on a C-17. The plane had maintenance issues that would delay it's return to AK by 4 days. So, we flew home on Alaskan Airlines.



We really had a great time and soaked up the sun and warmth as much as possible. I refused to wear socks while we were there! Lol! Flip flops (or slippers as the locals call them) all the wayThat being said, it was nice to get back to our house here in AK though, just in time for Christmas.

VIDEOS: They had a blast dancing!




I don't know why they were singing Feliz Navidad!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo has really got his grove on!
Love, BeBe

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

What a wonderful winter adventure to be able to break away from freezing temps to the tropics! not so cold here in SC just now but Hawaii...oh my goodness!

The Masini Family: said...

What an adventure!? We are planning on going for Thanksgiving next year when the Army football team plays in Hawaii. We have reservations at the Hale Koa, but I may need some info on these cabins you were in...beautiful!