I found it at Kohl's this summer.
Thanks to B-man for helping me put up her name as well as the tree.
Changing table and curtains.
Thanks again to BeBe, Aunt R, and Aunt B!
Thanks again to BeBe, Aunt R, and Aunt B!
My friend Valerie made the "M" bow board for us.
I loved the green and yellow (not shown) bird hooks I found on an etsy site.
It's a painting of a Mama and Daddy owl with their little girl and boy owls (just like our family).
A little owl told me that PawPaw helped with this project too.
B-man had a security blanket when he was a little boy that he affectionately named ya-ya.
Lil Boo also has a ya-ya that he sleeps with and that he takes to MDO that Granny and Grandpa gave him. So, I've been on the look out for a ya-ya for Bitsy, but haven't seen anything that I loved or that wasn't ridiculously priced. So, I decided to make one! It turned out pretty good.
It has one little paisley tag on it.
Boo's ya-ya has a lot of tags, but the only one he wants to hold is the manufacturer's tag. So, we thought we'd make it simple...only one tag to choose from and find in the dark!
With tag sticking slightly outside the ruffle...again for easy finding!
It looked easy enough to make, but it was another labor of love. I followed this tutorial (for the most part) to make it. But, I had a terrible time gathering the satin. I kept tearing the thread which was so frustrating because I didn't have any trouble with the ruffles for the crib skirt.
So, during one of my periods of insomnia, I found this site at 2:30 in the morning that had a great way to cheat on the ruffles. It is so much easier this way!
So, that's it! I know it's finished because when I go in her room and sit in the glider, everything just feels right. Nothing seems missing. That's when you know you're done decorating...when it stops nagging you! :) Now, we just need a Lil Bit to put in it...but not for another 14 days please!
So, that's it! I know it's finished because when I go in her room and sit in the glider, everything just feels right. Nothing seems missing. That's when you know you're done decorating...when it stops nagging you! :) Now, we just need a Lil Bit to put in it...but not for another 14 days please!


8 comments:
Love, love, love it! It looks beautiful...I love all the details! And I am so impressed with your craftiness (sp?)! Yuo are getting so close!!!
It's so pretty and perfect! Love the owl accents!
IT is just perfect for Little Bit. She will love it. I am really impressed with your art work! Maybe you need to pursue this a little further. Good job for both you and B-Man on getting the room together.
Love,
BeBe
Seriously Carolina, you need to think about going into business for yourself! I would totally hire you to head over here and help us with nursery design and cute painted accents! Great job!! I have never tried to sew satin, but I'm glad for the heads-up on gathered ruffles. The outcome is beautiful and Bitsy is going to be in baby heaven... :) What a lucky little girl to be born into such a wonderful family with a mom who is so caring.
Love it all & especially the owls (both the painting and the pillow)! How special!? Can't wait for Miss Maggie to arrive, but agree, she can just wait another couple of weeks! ;-)
The nursery looks perfect. It is absolutely adorable. Can not wait to see Little Bit. Hugs and kisses to everyone.
Allyson
It turned out so, so cute Carolina Girl! I'm totally impressed. I bought the same tree from Kohl's for my sister in law because she had bird bedding. I love how you have it above the book shelf. Everything looks just perfect!
Wow what a transformation from lil boo's to lil bitsy's room! Looks GREAT! I know she will love her new home, specially made just for her!
Love Aunt R
Post a Comment