Sunday, August 25, 2013

More Junior Ranger Fun

You might remember that Boo earned his Junior Ranger badge at Denali National Park and at Kenai Fjords National Park this summer. Well, when he earned the one at Kenai Fjords, he told the Park Ranger that it was his second one. The Ranger went on to tell us that if he earned three badges in AK, he would earn a Junior Ranger patch.  So of course, he has been asking since then to get his third badge and patch. It turns out there is a National Park building in Anchorage, the Public Lands building. You can earn a badge there. Whew! So, we set off this past week to the Public Lands Building. Boo completed his activities (with a little help from Mom on a word find that was WAY too hard for his age group) and was sworn in yet again as a Junior Ranger. He's an Alaska expert now, I think.
They even swore in Bit this time. She's really too young and the other places were pretty strict about their program and would not swear her in at her age, which I understand. Boo earned his.  And when she is older, she can earn hers too.

But they swore her in and she was so excited. She kept telling me that she was a big girl because she got her badge. :)
The Ranger checking off his work.



Getting sworn in.




Alaska Greatland Junior Rangers


They've really played so well together this summer.
Bit is gonna miss him when he starts school.


THE PATCH!

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

This is adorable and awesome. I also love the pic of the two of them together. They are so sweet. I wish I could say the same about my J and MG, but they are at each other more than ever! Additional sibling dynamics don't make it easy!! They love each other deep down, i know! :) xox

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I know Boo was super excited to get that patch, and another badge! They look so sweet together! Love Aunt R