Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sheepy Adventures

Both Boo and Bit have a beloved stuffed sheep that they sleep with at night. Boo's sheep hails from Ireland, Galway if I remember correctly. Aunt R purchased in for him before we even knew Boo was a boy when I was newly prego on our trip to Ireland back in 2007. Lil Bit's sheepy hails from Switzerland. BeBe purchased her sheep on a trip she took before Bit was born and again, I think before we knew if Bit was a boy or a girl. Anyway, the babes love their Sheepies, as we call them around here. They are well loved and Boo's sheepy has even undergone back surgery (read: back seam came open and stuffing was on verge of falling out). Well, I stumbled across some adventurous sheep this week...


This is Boo's sheep. Way up there on the ceiling fan. Hmmm.Me: Boo, how did Sheepy get way up there?
Boo: Um, well he was jumping on the bed and jumped way up there.
Me: Huh. Well, isn't that something?
 



One rainy afternoon, we spent some time playing with sidewalk chalk on the front porch. One of the things I drew was a house. Well, the next morning I had the front door open (with gate across the steps so Lil Bit couldn't escape). Lil Bit had taken her breakfast on the porch, along with Sheepy and ya-ya, of course. After fixing my coffee (I'm a total convert BTW, loving my morning coffee) I joined her on the porch and found that she had put Sheepy in the house! Now, I'm sure she didn't have a clue as to what she was doing, but it was so cute to see Sheepy in the little house we drew. Or maybe she did know what she was doing. What do you think??


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guess it's time to spill the beans on Boo & Bit's mama, since toys and other things just seem to turn over or fly on their own.when CG was a little girl, not much older than Boo, CG had had fun day playing in her room with all of her toys. At the end of the day, I told her it was time to clean up her room. I went back later to check the progress...none! When I asked why the room wasn't cleaned,this is the response I got " I put them up, but they just keep on jumping back out, jumping out" So guess her children have inherited the gene to have magic toys.
Love, BeBe

Anonymous said...

Ha! I think my toys were magic too! I'm glad the tradition is carrying on. Love, B-Man