Well, we made it to the five month mark. I'm reminded daily how much of a blessing it has been to be with our family during this deployment. I'm reminded this week b/c B-man's family kept the kiddos overnight so that I could attend one of my cousin's weddings. It's been a long time since I've been to a family wedding. So fun. I've also been sick this week and Lil Bit hasn't really been herself either. BeBe and PawPaw were also gracious enough to let the grands stay overnight with them as well so I could rest. This sinus infection really put me down. Aunt R is also on the way to watch the babes so I can go to the grocery store. Wahoo!
Five months down, five to go! The length of this deployment is is also a welcome change to our usual countdown. I can't even tell you how much of a morale boost it is to only be dealing with a 10 month deployment vs. a 12 month deployment. It might not seem like it should matter that much, but it's a huge difference to us. Those last 2 months of a 12 month deployment are brutal. I'm sure the last 2 months of a 10 month deployment are brutal too, but I'll take it!
Five months down, five to go! The length of this deployment is is also a welcome change to our usual countdown. I can't even tell you how much of a morale boost it is to only be dealing with a 10 month deployment vs. a 12 month deployment. It might not seem like it should matter that much, but it's a huge difference to us. Those last 2 months of a 12 month deployment are brutal. I'm sure the last 2 months of a 10 month deployment are brutal too, but I'll take it!


5 comments:
Yes, thanks to the family for all of the support! We couldn't do it without you! Love, B-Man
Carolina Girl, Thanks to both you and B-Man for your sacrifice for our freedoms! And another TY to the family support at home!! Glad that you have reached the halfway mark!! YEA!! Hope to see you soon. Love to All, Aunt L and Uncle S
Yay! Happy 1/2 way there anniversary! I can't wait to see the post and pics 5 months from now of B-Man returning safely to his loving family.
Wow! Only 5 months left! I know that it will go by as quickly as the first half! I am so glad that while Bman is away that you had the opportunity to come home! It has been a while! Looking forward to helping out for the final months of deployment...I know I speak for all of us...we love helping out!!!!Love you all bunches! Aunt R ;-)
So glad I found yall's blog, too cute! Love the pics of the babies :) Can't wait to start following you!!
Post a Comment