Monday, January 2, 2012

Peace

You all may remember that I posted about my cousin Billy who suffered a stroke back in October. He was only 39 years old. Well, it saddens me to report that he passed away last week. I just returned from his memorial last night. I'm so grateful that I was able to go to Florida to be with my family. Granny and Grandpa, Aunt P and K watched the kiddos for two nights for me.

It breaks my heart every time I think about My Aunt B and Uncle B having so say goodbye to their son. And for my cousin N to have to say her final goodbye to her younger brother.  What heartache they must all feel.


This is the third death in our family in recent months. All three times, a parent has buried their child.  Adults, yes but children nonetheless.

I don't know what to say to them, I know words are hollow.

I pray that one day they feel at peace and that they feel the arms of God wrapping around them, as He knows their pain. 

I overheard my Aunt B telling a little girl at the memorial, that Trooper Dyer was okay now...that he was in heaven.

It was a very sweet moment.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have expressed my very own thoughts and feelings in this post. Thank you. F,D and B will always be remembered and loved . We will look forward to reuniting with them.
Love, BeBe

B-Mama said...

Hugs, love and prayers go out to you and your family. What sad times. I'm so sorry for all of your losses. xox

Anonymous said...

I agree, it has been a very somber past few months. I know that the months ahead will be difficult for all, but it is nice to know that the Lord is here for us.
R