Finally, a blogworthy photo of Boo with his Dada picture! It's getting harder and harder to get him to look at the camera, etc. He's so busy!
 |
| I think he looks like such a big boy in this picture. Sniff! |
Thanks to the mild temps here in SC, we've been able to enjoy some time outdoors. Here we are watching Boo on his bike.
 |
| Trying to smile. hehe! |
 |
| Racer! |
 |
Go, Go, Go!
My friend Carrie told me about this program called Operation Kid Comfort through the Armed Services YMCA. Volunteers from around the country will make a quilt for children of deployed service members with photos of that service member. So, I contacted the YMCA at Ft Richardson and sent in 9 pics for each child. The quilts arrived in the mail yesterday and the kids are in love with them! Bit keeps saying, Da-Da and Boo keeps telling the story that goes along with each of his photos. What a great gift!!
|
 |
| Lil Bit's quilt. |
 |
| Already snuggled up in his! (this was about 15 minutes after it arrived in the mail) |
BeBe babysat the little ones tonight so that Aunt R and I could go to this place called Fear No Easel. You go there and the instructor tells you/shows you how to paint the picture of the night. You have creative license to do what you want, but they guide you on how to approach it. We started with blank canvases and ended up with these masterpieces!! It was sooo much fun!! We hardly ever get to to do anything, just the two of us. So, it was a nice treat. We went to eat dinner afterwards and we were home by 8 p.m.! My kind of night! Thanks BeBe for watching the babes. You should definitely do this if they have something similar in your neck of the woods.
5 comments:
Great Job all around! G-Boo looks really grown up in his pics. I can't believe how much he's changed. The quilts were a great idea. You surprised us all. I'm glad that Boo and Bit are enjoying them. I'm impressed with your paint abilities! Yall did great. Love B-Man.
So fun to see all of this--seems like you are surrounded with love and goodness which warms my heart so! Great job on the paintings--they look beautiful! xo
Love the quilts!! I can't wait to get ours. I think probably because I didn't go through a specific post they are taking longer...I should look into it though. And, I LOVE your painting. You know how I love those activities! ;)
I had such a great time letting out our inner artists! When fo we get to go again????
What a nice thing the Y does with those quilts! Something to cherish!!!
Love ya! R
Wow! What a great post with some useful info. Love your pictures and your painting. What talent!
(maybe my MIL can keep busy making quilts like this. hmmmm)
Post a Comment