Okay, Kat...this one's for you! ha! But, be warned, it's not very glamorous.
When I left you last, we were all about seeing moose. Well, I believe Monday night Boo had a nightmare (his first that I can tell) about said moose. He woke up wanting to know where the moose was and is now afraid to go into the bathroom by himself. He keeps telling me there's a moose in there. We also had to go into the building where the stuffed moose were the other day and he kept telling me he did NOT want to see a moose. Poor guy! He's also had a stomach bug so we've been laying low. We have an appt to be seen this afternoon.
![]() |
| Lil Bit said, "I ain't afraid of no moose!" :) |
![]() |
Here's the Jeep. Not too bad, right?
The gal we bought it from painted the hood and top purple and tan camo.
B-man already has plans to paint those areas OD green. |
![]() |
| And to remove the girly stickers. |
![]() |
Our temporary home.
Fancy, huh?
We're in the unit on the end. |
![]() |
| View from our "hotel". |
![]() |
Beautiful!
We've also experienced our first earthquake! Yesterday we were all sitting in the living room and I felt my chair moving and I looked over at B-man and Boo and they were moving on the couch. I said, "uh, I think this is an earthquake." B-man agreed. It lasted a few seconds and felt like we were on a boat. I quickly started searching online to see if I could find any reports of one. And sure enough, it was a 5.2 magnitude quake about 50 miles from here. More cah-ra-zy! Thankfully, there were no reports of damage. Apparently, they're fairly common here. Oh good!
We're hoping to get out this weekend if Boo is feeling better to do some sightseeing. It's supposed to be sunny!
And for Grandpa and PawPaw, who would normally be getting cards in the mail from us in honor of Father's Day....I bought them and left them at the store, so they will go out later than they should and will not arrive in time. But, please know we love you and honor you as the great fathers and grandfathers that you are! |
3 comments:
What a view?! Amazing!! And, I feel like the new Jeep should have a bumpersticker that says, 'Silly boys, Jeeps are for girls!'. Ha!
I can't believe he's painting over the purple! I was hoping you'd bring that ride back to the lower 48 for me!! (that statement is so oddly true)
Weird that moose make your kid scared now. You still better find me some and take more photos! What better way to cure his fear? ;-)
Hey - if you're going to be in an earthquake, it's best to be in one that just has you move on a couch. The only one I've been in left a chandelier swinging. That's strong enough for me.
Keep safe!
I love love the jeep! I think it looks perfect the way it is. Why are boys so sensitive to "girly colors"? J/K. Glad yall are getting settled in and enjoying the adventure.
Allyson
Post a Comment