| We went to our Mom's Club Egg Hunt on Friday. |
| As Boo would say, "Our dirt is growing!" |
| Bit is working on prop sitting. |
Boo participated in the palm procession today at church for Palm Sunday.
It went a LOT better than the Christmas program at school.
This time when he saw me, he started smiling (instead of crying).
It went a LOT better than the Christmas program at school.
This time when he saw me, he started smiling (instead of crying).
I came across this 'prayer' by actress/comedienne Tina Fey on Facebook this weekend. I couldn't help but laugh as I read it and by the end, I was crying. So, I thought I'd share some of it with you (I'm only sharing the parts that resonated with me. Some of it was a bit much...and I'll just leave it at that).
Tina Fey's Prayer for Daughters
First, Lord: No tattoos. May neither Chinese symbol for truth nor Winnie-the-Pooh holding the FSU logo stain her tender haunches...When the Crystal Meth is offered, May she remember the parents who cut her grapes in half And stick with Beer.
Guide her, protect her when crossing the street, stepping onto boats, swimming in the ocean, swimming in pools, walking near pools, standing on the subway platform, crossing 86th Street, stepping off of boats, using mall restrooms, getting on and off escalators, driving on country roads while arguing, leaning on large windows, walking in parking lots, riding Ferris wheels, roller-coasters, log flumes, or anything called “Hell Drop,” “Tower of Torture,” or “The Death Spiral Rock ‘N Zero G Roll featuring Aerosmith,” and standing on any kind of balcony ever, anywhere, at any age...
And when she one day turns on me and calls me a $@#* in front of Hollister, Give me the strength, Lord, to yank her directly into a cab in front of her friends, For I will not have that. I will not have it.
And should she choose to be a Mother one day, be my eyes, Lord, that I may see her, lying on a blanket on the floor at 4:50 A.M., all-at-once exhausted, bored, and in love with the little creature whose poop is leaking up its back.
“My mother did this for me once,” she will realize as she cleans feces off her baby’s neck. “My mother did this for me.” And the delayed gratitude will wash over her as it does each generation and she will make a Mental Note to call me. And she will forget. But I’ll know, because I peeped it with Your God eyes.


5 comments:
Oh jeez! Tears were rolling! I just wish my baby girl was born before my Mom passed. There truly is something special with mother and daughter!
Love the prayer! Definitly caused a giggle and some tear action too.
The children look good as always and G-Boo seems to really be enjoying himself.
Love BeBe
Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to take Z and C to an Easter egg hunt this weekend.
When are ya'll moving?
Looks like you had a fun weekend getting ready for Easter! Can't believe how big Lil Bit is getting already. Her hair is so dark!
They look so cute! Looks like Boo has mastered his stage fright and egg hunting! I can't believe it's Bits first Easter! We love all of you and wish you a Happy Easter!
Love,
Aunt R & Uncle D
Post a Comment