B-man and I got a good laugh out of it.
Sunday, April 3, 2011
Guadalupe River State Park
We started the weekend on Saturday morning with no real plans other than for B-man to work in the garage on some projects and for me to work on purging the house. But, as we were all sitting in the den, B-man said, "Hey, what do you think about going to Guadalupe River State Park today?" I was totally up for it. I thought Boo would have a great time! So, we packed up and waited for Lil Bit to wake up from her nap...yes, she chose Saturday morning to nap for over an hour! Figures! But, I'm NOT complaining! :) And then we set off in the Jeep. When we got there, it took us a little while to figure out exactly where we wanted to go (one of B-man's co-workers had been there recently and we were trying to find the location they played at while they were there). After unloading and reloading the car and stroller and car seat twice, and after Boo bit the dust and scraped us his knees one good time, we finally found it! And, let's just say...it was right where we were to begin with. ha! But, it was totally worth it. It was BEAUTIFUL!! The river ran right along the edge of the park and it was very shallow (with some deep spots) and Boo and B-man had a BLAST playing! Lil Bit and I really enjoyed it too. Here's our day in pics...
Ooh, the water was COLD!
Bit and I walked across the river to this outcropping of rocks and watched the boys play. I used the blanket to keep her out of the sun.
A nice father and son moment.
Boo's favorite thing was throwing rocks into the river. It was too funny. EVERY time he bent over to pick up rocks, he would stick his bottom way up in the air...
...and EVERY time he stood up from picking up said rocks, he pulled his trunks out of his well, you get the picture...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
What a great day....and such good memories!! I love the pic with Lil Bit's feet in the water. Glad the 'boys' had a father-son adventure. The 'purging' will get done. Days like this are Blessings!! Love to All, Aunt L.
I just can't get over how phenomenal all those pics are! I love the wedgie action! Oh, and the feet! FB profile pic-worthy! (isn't it crazy how many people put their feet in pictures, especially beach ones? weird. But, at least her's are cute!!!)
What a great family day together and your pictures turned out fantastic! Hope you enjoy more adventures like that before you leave.
Looks and sounds like everybody had a grand old time! I agree with Aunt L, the "purging" will get done and days like this are truly blessings! Couldn't have said it any better. : )
Love BeBe
Sweet pictures! Looks like you all had a great, relaxing day.
S, you are becoming quite the photographer! Adorable all the way around--love those Bit piggies! So cute!! :)
Aunt L and BeBe...you're so right! These kinds of days are definitely blessings!
Thanks for the compliments on the photos too! I obviously took the pics with B and G in them, but B-man took a bunch of the photos too. He's getting into the photography thing also...sort of.
Looks like a great time! Better get all of the sunning in while you can...I hear it's COLD in ALASKA:)
Aunt R
Post a Comment