Thursday, March 3, 2011

Y'all Better Sit Down For This

We have a BIG announcement to make!!
We're moving to...


Here are a couple of hints (read: dead giveaways)!
  • it's the land of the midnight sun
  • we're not moving just for the halibut
  • you might spot us on a Discovery Channel TV show in Wasilla
  • you can cruise there to visit us
  • the state land mammal is the moose and the state fish is the King Salmon
Yep, we're moving to ALASKA!!

We're really excited about our next adventure! And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit nervous about the move, but I'm up for it...a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't ya think? I mean, ALASKA!!!! Wow!

We're going this summer and will be there for about 6 months before B-man deploys to Afghanistan (I know, I'm trying not to think about this part of the adventure). While he's in Afghan, Boo, Bit, and I will go back to SC to be with our family and friends throughout his deployment.


We're just getting official word so there are still a lot of unanswered questions, but I wanted to share the news with you and B-man gave me the go ahead this evening.

So, what do y'all think? Can this Southern family handle the cold temps? Have you ever been to Alaska and have any tips for us?
Hey, we'll be ready to move to Alaska when it's over 100 degrees here in TX.


I'll keep you posted as things really start to take shape. I'm also planning a FAQs post about the 49th state. So, look for that soon.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How 'cool'...excuse the pun!! :-) This will mean one twin in Hawaii and one twin in Alaska!! I think this will be awesome. Uncle S. was a toddler (many years ago) when his family moved to Norway for an assignment. Can hardly wait to hear more about the next chapter in the 'Lives of the Fayes'. Love to All, Aunt L.

Unknown said...

How exciting! 6 months in Alaska. That's the "perfect" vacation. Then, moving back to friends and family? What a great adventure while he's gone. (yeah, I'm trying to make deployment sound positive. My kid, dogs and I moved in with my folks 2 deployments ago and it was quite an adjustment. But it's so nice to be surrounded by folks who love you sooooo much!)

The Masini Family: said...

Disregard my earlier email!! SO exciting! Just found out Brendan is probably going to Iraq next January so maybe we'll have to plan a pre-deployment cruise or a during deployment road trip down the East coast....ALL the way down! :)

B-Mama said...

So thrilled for you all and this fun adventure! Boo and Bit's baby books are going to be so rich with different experiences. I'm also so glad for B-man to have this great opportunity! xo :)

Katie said...

WOW! How exciting. I've never been, so I have no tips for ya. ; )

Katie said...

I definitely think you can handle the cold temps! I can't wait to see those pictures. ; )

Teacher-Mom said...

All I can say is WOW! Alaska?! I'm really excited for you guys- what an adventure and what an opportunity! Will love following your blog and sharing your experiences through your posts and pictures.

Elso said...

That is exciting!!! Alaska looks so beautiful. It will be a fun adventure. Glad you will be with family while Brian is deployed. Happy late birthday to Boo! I can't believe he's 3. What a big boy!