What is a play mat, you ask? Just a fancy place for babies to do tummy time. It has a front and back with a layer of batting in the middle to provide a tiny bit of cushion and it makes it just thick enough so that the babies don't end up with it bunched up in their mouth, which is what happens when you put them down on blankets.
So, I picked out some coordinating fabrics and went to work. I'm soooooo happy at how they turned out!
There's terry cloth on the back.
This is the one I made for my friend in Arkansas who is having a boy this summer.
UPDATE: Lil Bit's cranial vault measurements have improved by 5mm since we started PT! So instead of there being a 12mm difference between the right and left sides, there's only a 7mm difference. Yahoo!!!! And she's getting stronger everyday.
A FUNNY:
We had our overseas medical screening yesterday for our move to Alaska, which is considered overseas. When we go to the hospital and have to wait around a lot, we let Boo watch "Jack's Big Music Show" on our iPod. Yesterday was no different. He was still watching the show when we got back to the car. On our way to our next appt, he kept saying, "I need help." And I told him he'd have to wait because I was driving. We arrived at our destination and met up with B-man. Boo starting asking for help again. So, B-man took the iPod from him to see what the problem was and immediately started laughing. Turns out, the little guy had managed to change it off of Jack and was instead jammin' to Bon Jovi's WANTED Dead or Alive. Can't you just picture him in his car seat with the headphones on listening to Bon Jovi as he looked out the window? We got a good laugh out of that one.


6 comments:
Very Impressed! Looks like the mat passed inspection. So, does Boo have some new moves now after the Bon Jovi experience?? And how did the "overseas" exam go?
Love BeBe
You are AMAZING!! These are beautiful! I would love to hear how you did them--did you merely sew a circular piping around the two pieces of fabric with batting in the middle. It seems to me you would need thicker, more rigid fabric? Oh, please do tell!
Way to go--you are so talented! :)
Those mats are gorgeous!!! You should make some and sell them on etsy!!! With the matching burb cloths! I think they would be huge hits!!! :)
Okay, I am just catching up on blogs and just saw your big news! Alaska?! How exciting! Also, LOVE the mats...so adorable! Happy Birthday to you and Boo! Love all the pictures!
Thinking of Boo rockin to Bon Jovi is just too funny!
Carolina Girl! I am in love with your playmats! So creative! Isn't it such a good feeling to make something and have a finished product in the end that nobody will mess up/destroy?!! That's why I love sewing ... I feel like everything I do the rest of the day -- laundry, cleaning, wiping butts -- is going to be un-done by someone before I know it. :)
Post a Comment