If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.
I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.
That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
-Lee Greenwood
I love all songs patriotic! This one especially gets to me, but honestly, they pretty much all make me cry. We're wishing you a happy, relaxing, fun, and safe 4th of July. We're also remembering and honoring all who have defended and who continue to defend our country today.
Do you have a favorite patriotic song?

4 comments:
I'm tearing up! Great lyrics...so true. Thank you for reminding us on this especially amazing day!
I miss you! Things around here are a little rough. Nothing serious, but I feel somewhat overwhelmed.
I hope everything is good with you! We need to talk soon.
Love you! amy
I like all the patriotic songs too. But I do like America.
Love BeBE
Nothing says the 4th of July like Lee Greenwood and Fireworks. Also, Rev. C. stepping on the microphone cord during communion, which caused a noise that sounded like the roof was coming down, and me looking up at your mom who was laughing out loud. Her laughter then spread to C-line. That was the loudest noise I've ever heard in church. The microphone noise was loud too.
Happy 4th everyone!
(Thanks for spicing up church Mrs. R.)
MPH
Love all the patriotic songs too!
Thanks to all the men and women in uniform! We love you!
Post a Comment