After living in Colorado Springs for several years, we finally found our home there, seemingly right before we moved. We just loved the Fellowship of the Rockies and were looking forward to returning there if this move had taken us back to The Springs.
In Fayetteville, we settled in at Central UMC. It was a great place for us and offered lots of opportunities for learning.
To be honest, we've kind of been dragging our feet here in TX in respects to finding a church. But, someone reminded me that Max Lucado has a church here in San Antonio, Oak Hills Church. My spirit had been renewed. I quickly told B about Lucado and his AWESOME books, of which I've read a couple. I can't even put into words what an awesome writer he is. But he is. Just trust me on this one. I would highly recommend reading his books. So, we decided that we would venture over to the other side of town to check it out. And that's what we did on Sunday.
Wow! That place is HUGE! That being said, they had a way of making their large congregation feel small. They were awesome with Boo in Bibleland (they're name for the childcare section of the church) and we were blessed to hear Max Lucado himself speak on the topic of his new book, "Fearless". That topic hits close to me because I'm always afraid of this or that...anyway...
The church is pretty far from us and I'm not sure it will become our home. It would be difficult to get over there for any bible studies during the week and back in time for naps, etc. But, it was a special treat and the jump start we needed here in TX. I consider ourselves very blessed to have been able to hear Lucado's sermon and I hope to share that experience with those who come to visit.

3 comments:
How great!!! Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors. I think my favorite is "He Chose The Nails". And if we do get over your way, I would love to be able to attend one of his sermons. I get weekly devotionals from him via email. If you get a chance, check out his website. Lots of great information there. He also has a twitter account but I am not into twittering yet. Still trying to grasp learning to blog. A. Lori
I too am a fan of Lucado. And I hope that whenever I get to visit ya'll, we can go to his church and hear him preach.
Love you,
BeBe
Wow! That would be awesome to hear Max Lucado speak. I'm glad it was an encouragement. We were very blessed after this last move to go to a church the second week we were here and love it. I hope you guys find something perfect for you soon.
Post a Comment