Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Welcome Home Uncle A!

Alternately Titled: To Kansas and back in a jiggity jig!

Uncle A returned home from his year long tour in Iraq Monday morning!! Yay!
B-man, Boo, and I drove up to Kansas to welcome him. Unfortunately, his Welcome Home Ceremony was at 2 AM, so Boo and I stayed at the hotel while B-man picked him up at Ft Riley.

Our visit was short and sweet. We drove up on Monday and home on Tuesday. Uncle A had to be at work at 8 AM to start out processing and B-man had class Tuesday night.

We were so glad to be there to welcome him home. We're so proud of you Uncle A for all you've done this past year and we're so happy that you're back safe and sound.

Here are a few pics and videos of the ceremony.

Uncle A!

Some of his team members.

Back at the hotel later that morning.



I made this shirt for Boo to wear!


Welcome Home!

Job well done!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that Uncle A and his team made it back safely and that B-Man was able to record his arrival for their Mom & Dad. Wish all the guys were returning home safely. God Bless Our Men and Women in service as well as their families.
Love.
BeBe

Elena said...

I am so glad that Uncle A is home safe.
We should have totally been in touch a little better, we were about 2 hours drive away from you guys, we could have hooked up, and had a meal together.

B-Mama said...

This is wonderful news!! Thrilled to hear about his safe return! May God bless our brave soldiers here and overseas!!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

WElcome home!!! What a cute shirt Boo has on!!!!

My brother in law comes home from Iraq in Jan....we are so excited!

Elso said...

That's such great news! I'm so glad you were able to be there when he arrived. What at trip!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I just want to give those soldiers a big old HUG!!!