Friday, November 7, 2008

PawPaw Update

You may have noticed that I added PawPaw (my Dad) to our prayer list. He has just been feeling ill lately and short of breath and would just be zapped of energy after minimal activity. He had an array of tests this week and his echocardiogram did not have great results.

He was still in atrial fibrillation and was now also in congestive heart failure (CHF). The scariest news was that his ejection fraction (a percentage of how much blood your heart pumps each time it contracts) was at 19%!! That is NOT good. At all. So, they admitted him to the hospital yesterday afternoon. They gave him a diuretic to help get rid of the fluid around his heart and today he was feeling MUCH MUCH better. He is still in a-fib and is planning a cardioversion in a couple of weeks. In his own words, "I'm not well, but I feel better". The cardiologist discharged him from the hospital and even ok'd him to go to our high school football game tonight. The Gators are the regional champs!! Woohoo!

So, please continue to pray for his health. That his heart rhythm will convert on it's own to a normal rhythm and rate and that he won't even need the cardioversion. That his ejection fraction will improve greatly with the resolution of the CHF. That he will have the energy to enjoy this retirement that he has worked so hard to earn.

6 comments:

Elena said...

S, I don't know what to say. We will send up some prayer for him, and your family.
Elena.

Elso said...

I'm glad he's feeling better. We will continue to pray for him and for your mom.

AR and J Mama said...

We are keeping your dad in our prayers...I added him to my prayer list as well. Also glad to hear he is feeling better.

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I will keep you all in my prayers!

Rachel said...

Just wanted to take a second today to honor B-Man for his awesome service to our country! Thank you for helping to keep us safe! Happy Veteran's Day!

And to you, Carolina Girl -- We know he couldn't do it without you standing right beside him and supporting him! Thank you for all of the sacrifices that you continue to make for this country! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the best with your Dad. Is very tough to think your parent may be unwell, but l hope it all turns out well. Knowing means some action can be taken which is good. I may not pray but l will be sending some positive energy your way. Regards Felicity.