Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday

It's supposed to be Wordless Wednesday, but I couldn't post without saying a few things.

Thank you all for your prayers for my Dad. It means a lot to our family. He's still feeling better, but there is more work to be done. He went to the cardiologist yesterday but reports that "not much" happened. He'll go back again next week. So, I'll keep you posted.

Thanks also for the birthday wishes and Veteran's Day acknowledgements. We are very proud of B-man and all of our family members and fellow countrymen who have and continue to serve our nation. I came across a prayer over at Building Cathedrals that really touched me. I'm sharing it here with you now.

Dear Lord Jesus Christ,
those whom we honor today
are examples of your words:
"Greater love than this no one has:
that he lay down his life for his friends."
They gave up their lives in defense of freedom
for their loved ones and their country.

Teach me to appreciate the virtue of patriotism
a true and Christian love of country.
Let me love my country not to follow it blindly
but to make it the land of goodness
that it should be.
Let my patriotism be such
that it will not exclude the other nations of the world
but include them in a powerful love of country
that has room for all others too.


Okay...I know what the Grandparents really want to see is their Boo!! So...here he is!

Crawling!

Isn't it the cutest?

Working on pulling up and standing. He gets so excited when he stands!


He thinks everything is a "bouncy bouncy"! :)

That's all for now! Sorry it's been a while...

4 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I hope you dad does get better soon. I will keep you all in my prayers!

And look at little one crawling! I don't think that Lauren will ever get the hang of it! :)

Anonymous said...

First let me thank everyone also for their prayers and positive thoughts for PawPaw. He is enjoying being back outside doing the things he loves, just a little bit slower. I hope that things will continue to improve for him.
Now, that little G-Boo is the greatest! Love to hear his squeals of excitement. Hugs and kisses.
Love BeBe

Anonymous said...

WHY YES, HE IS THE CUTEST! I LOVE WATCHING HIM BE SO EXCITED, HE DEFINATELY CAN TURN A BAD DAY AROUND! BET YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON HIM ALL OF THE TIME SCOOTING AROUND LIKE THAT! AND THANKS FOR ALL OF THE PAW PAW PRAYERS!
LOVE YA !
AUNT ROB
p.s. where do they come up with these word verification words? what in the world does druffe mean?

Anonymous said...

It is wonderful to see such a happy baby. I doubt he'll be crawling for long...as strong as those legs look, I would not be surprised if he was walking by Christmas (at least holding on and walking). I agree with BeBe... those squeals of delight are like music!! I also noticed some sweet, well-behaved pups in the background. Thanks for the great videos. Love to all, A. Lori