Well, I found out today that I need a route canal. I have a tooth that's been bothering me since I bit on something in SC and experienced a sharp pain. I was trying the "if you ignore it, it will go away" approach. But, in the words of Dr Phil, "that wasn't working for me" anymore. So, after several trips to the dentist to figure out what was going on, today we decided it was necessary...a route canal would be in my immediate future.
I don't even really know what a route canal is. I only know that everyone HATES them and DREADS them. I'm just hopin' when I come out on the other side, I'll be able to eat happily...one of my favorite things to do! :)
Has anyone been down this road and like to share???
9 comments:
I cracked my tooth so badly that I had to get the tooth extracted. They said the root canal would do nothing for me. So, extraction completed, implant placed, and several thousand dollars later, I have me a new tooth!
I hear root canals aren't bad 'cuz of the drugs. You just have to hear all of the crap. I was put under b/c it was considered oral surgery.
just found your blog...I am a '98 Clemson grad!
I have had one. They are not that bad. If you have had a filling it is the same sort of feeling. It just takes longer. The drill until they can see your roots, and then the use these kinda pick things and pull them all out. Once it is over with your tooth will feel so much better. Good luck, and don't stress.
I have had one and it wasn't as bad as I had always heard!!! When I have to face things like that that I have always dreaded, i just remember that I HAVE given birth. If I can do that, I can do anything!!! :)
Hope your tooth feels better soon!!
I see Mandy found you....another great Clemson fan!!!
Well, your Mom has had one too. You were just a babe and even back then it was not bad. The end results is well worth it. Probably what hurts the most is the wallet! You will do fine.Love, Bebe
They really don't hurt that much--but the one I had recently failed because the tooth was cracked and they didn't realize it. SO I went through 4 months of the dentist telling me I was crazy, but my gum never healed until I had to have it extracted--then I got a dry socket after they extracted it---THAT was the most painful thing I've had besides a kidney stone. So I lost the danged tooth anyway--now I have to think about an implant, too.
I have had one and on the way in l said to the dentist, 'This is all about pain relief, give me lots and lots, l do not want to feel a thing'. Sure enough, he did and l did not feel it at all, but also for many hours after, but it was worth the numbness.
Ouch! I have never had one, but I do know that I always dred the dentist...so I sorta feel your pain...I am sure that everything will be ok...and it will be worth it to be able to eat again! Do you need me to come and keep Lil Boo?? I could fix you some Jello too!
Love ya, Aunt R
Thanks to all who commented! It all sounds very similar to what the dentist said...route canal, maybe a crown...maybe an extraction and implant. Yeah, mostly I just want to EAT again!!
Yes, Aunt R please come babysit. Boo says thank you for his 1/2 year bday card too! Very sweet!
Post a Comment