I did want to share something most special to us before we got on the road. We had G baptized Sunday in church. We were surrounded by our friends and family and it was a very special day to us all. G did very well until the pastor held him...then he cried a bit. But, all in all it he was a trooper.
It felt great to stand before our home church as a family and dedicate our lives to raising our Boo in such a way that he knows the love that God has for each of us and knows our Savior, Jesus Christ.
An additional blessing on this day was in the water used to baptize G. You see, my bible study teacher in Arkansas recently went on a trip to Israel. At the Jordan River, everyone was getting bottles of water to take home with them. She said she immediately thought of G and his baptism and brought us some of the water from the very river that Jesus himself was baptized in by John the Baptist to use for G's baptism. I was overwhelmed with emotion when she called me to let me know what she had done. Our Boo is so special to so many. He has truly blessed us all with his laughter, huge smiles, and even his cries. We love him so much!!!!
We followed the baptism with a huge family dinner at BeBe and PawPaw's house. Yummy fried chicken, ham and all the fixins'! Again, just so wonderful for us all to be together to celebrate our Lil Boo!! Thank you all!
Here are a few photos from this special day.

6 comments:
Oh what a blessing! Such a special day to celebrate G-boo as a new creation in our Lord! And how wonderful about the water from the Jordan... too cool! You all look great, especially you, Carolina Girl! No way to tell you've just had a little bean yourself! Way to go... So glad you all have enjoyed a great trip and look forward to seeing more pics soon! Safe travels!
B-Man is a chameleon? I noticed his color changed to black and white in one of the pictures. Lets face it though, he's the #2 man now. Sorry B-Man. Anyway, It's been good having ya'll back in town. It was nice to meet G-boo, and trivia was great (even though we lost). Group night is a tradition you are credited for starting and it's still going strong 3 +/- years later. We,The Lebanon Click (intentionally misspelled), owe you big for that. Hope ya'll have a safe trip back and can't wait for ya'll to come home to SC again.
Later,
MPH
MPH
I know what you mean about B's picture. BeBe thinks he was out of "flash" range.
Also, I'm so glad to know that "the click" is still getting together. I often think of ya'll on Wednesday nights. I miss hangin' out with you all. You're guaranteed to laugh with that crowd! I feel bad that we only made it to trivia once this time. We were just beat, and as you said...there's a new number one around here, and his bedtime is around 7:30! :)
I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time with family and were able to share something so special with all of them. I hope the trip home goes smoothly, safely, and virtually cry-free!
Congratulations Little Boo! You don't know it yet, but you had such an important day in your life! You all look fantastic for the special day. We hope you have a safe and easy trip home!
Congratulation, G-Boo! I LOVE that there was water from the SAME river that Jesus was baptized in -- how truly special!
Carolina Girl and B-Man, you both look great! We miss you!
Post a Comment