Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Update

Just an update to let you all know where we are.
B-man is deployed and the children and I are back home with family.

It was utterly heartbraking to say goodbye to B-man this time. It's never easy, but watching him say goodbye to the babes was just heart wrenching. He's going to war and that element of danger just underlies everything. I hate it.

The kiddos and I made it after several long flights and an overnight stay in Atlanta after a missed flight. That was almost the straw that broke this camel's back. I cried, and then forged ahead. Boo was EXCELLENT on the flights. He really has grown up so much. I'm so proud of him. Bit was a typical baby on a plane. She flirted with the passengers and then cried/screamed when she was tired b/c she didn't want to miss a thing. And then she would crash in my arms. So interesting how they go from wild to peaceful in mere moments.

We're trying to get on east coast time and get settled. I think the little ones are handling it better than this tired mama. But, we're getting there. The temps have been balmy, which has been so refreshing coming from the cold temps in AK.

Just wanted to touch base with you all.

4 comments:

The Masini Family: said...

Wow! You say good-bye to Daddy, fly across the country (with a missed flight and overnight, no less!) with two kiddos, and you are already updating the blog?! You are super mama and military wife! Glad you can be with family. Our prayers are with you all. Wish we could do this deployment together. :-( Hang in there and let us know if you need anything!! (Maybe a mini-vacay and meet somewhere on the east coast?!) :-)

B-Mama said...

Yes, I second the comment above about you being super mom and needing to take mini vacations to mix up the deployment!! As you know, the smaller goals will help get you all through! I hear Virginia is really nice this time of year ;)... The last thing you need is more travel, but just know how much we'd love to see you and spruce your spirits.

My heart is heavy for you. Hang in there. These will be the hardest days. They really will. In a month even you're going to look back and realize how much better you're doing. Keep the faith and hang on for the ride. I'm so glad you have awesome family with whom to be and to love on you!!

xoxo and prayers, B

Teacher-Mom said...

So glad you made it, even if it was a struggle. It just shows that you are an incredible mom. It sounds like Boo was probably a big help to you. Enjoy your time home with the love and comfort of your family and friends. If you are looking for a fun vaca spot over the next year, I hear St. Louis is a lovely place to visit! Brian will be in my daily prayers, as I am being diligent on the prayer front right now. Love and hugs to all of you and we'll talk soon. Love ya, Sarah

Katie said...

Hi, sweet friend. YOU are amazing and don't feel bad for one second when your kids are crawling all over you and you want a break. You deserve that!

I respect you and your family to the highest and will be praying for ya'll this Christmas.

The cake you made is incredible!! You have a gift!