The previously scheduled camping trip post is being interrupted by some breaking news! Lil Bit is TEN MONTHS OLD today!! What?? When did this happen? Sniff. Sniff. It's getting harder and harder to get her monthly photos with her lying on her back. She won't. be. still! So, there aren't that many to share this time. ha!
Lil Bit has 7 teeth now and is crawling everywhere (on her hands and knees) now. She even started cruising this weekend! She thinks baby food is so last month! She wants whatever we're I'm eating, and usually wants it off my plate. She must think it tastes better that way. Lol. We're getting better about sleeping through the night, too. After several rough (read: she and I were up crying 2-3 hours)nights of tough love, I think we can say she's finally sleeping through the night from about 6:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Thank you, Lord! It was so hard for me to not go in there and nurse her. But, I knew I had to stick with it or she'd never sleep through.
She's still our lil doll and she makes us smile every day!
Below are a couple of pics from game day on Saturday. We had a great time watching the Tigers play! They beat FSU! Woohoo (sorry Aunt B)!
(look at our Lil Boo...so grown up looking in this one)
Video of Lil Bit cruising.
B-man built (as in cut the wood and put it together) a bike for Boo before we left Texas. He used our friend's bike over at The Masini Family as a template (thanks again!). It's a balance bike, which means that it has no pedals. It's supposed to help them learn to balance the bike, without worrying about pedaling. Once they get the balance portion down, you add the pedaling component with a regular bike. In theory, this takes out the training wheels phase. Well, B-man finished it right before we moved, so Boo didn't get to use it much in TX. And, when we got here, the seat had broken off during transit. We also needed air in the tires. So, I finally got air in the tires Friday and then just decided to tape the seat back on, knowing that B-man didn't really have time to make a new one at this point. Anyway, here are a couple of videos of Boo riding it this morning. It's a beautiful day here and he's really improving his skills.
Oh, we even had a date night this weekend! I think this was our first date since Lil Bit was born. Am I right? B-man's LTC offered to babysit for us. He's here on TDY before the deployment. His family is back in D.C. So, he's missing some time with his kiddos and offered to come spend some time with our babes. It was awesome to have such a qualified sitter! ha! Boo was so excited to have him come over. He couldn't get us out the door fast enough. I put Lil Bit down before we left. So, B-man and I went to get ice cream and to the movies. We saw an Alaskan celebrity at the theater, Shane from R5 Sons! We also had time to go have a drink afterwards. It was nice to have some time to talk, just the two of us. So, we had a great weekend...just doing normal stuff!

2 comments:
Love seeing Lil Bit cruising! And I think that balance bike is pretty cool. Never heard of one before, but Boo seems to getting ready for the real deal pretty quick. And to think that B-Man built it : )
So glad you and B-Man had a date night. That's wonderful.
Love, BeBe
Hi! I happened to notice your comment on Bless Our Nest about Pinterest. I had to wait a couple days for an invite and it ended up going in my SPAM folder. You might want to check there. ??? Not trying to be nosey, just thought I'd let you know. :)
By the way...your family is precious!!
Destiny
Destiny
Post a Comment