Thursday, July 8, 2010

Think

PINK!



This is a profile pic of our Lil Bitsy! Looks like she's a girl! She was very shy about allowing us to see that she was a girl. She had her feet right in the way. But, after some prodding and rolling around, the u/s tech upgraded her "I think it's a girl" to a "yeah, it's a girl" to the final assessment of "yeah, I'm pretty certain it's a girl". So, that's what I'm going with. I think she was pretty confident in the end. I must admit that from the view we were looking at, I couldn't tell a thing...except that I didn't see any boy parts. ;)

Anyway, we're super excited and from what I could tell, she's doing well. I saw the 4 chambers of her heart and they were beating beautifully. She has 2 arms, legs, hands, and feet. She has a nice spine and a cute stomach...all where they're supposed to be. I won't get the full report until my OB appt on the 27th, but I'm happy with what I saw.

I was feeling very nervous this morning as it was sinking in that B-man wasn't going to be there with me. I was so tense on the table at first, but then I said a little prayer to help myself let all my anxiety go and it worked. I was relaxed throughout the rest of the exam.

It was a bit of a roller coaster trying to get everyone notified. Brian missed my phone call by minutes as his connecting flight took off from Dallas and BeBe was making her way back from Europe today and arrived this evening. So, now we can put it out in the open! Whew!!

I'm still kind of in shock... a girl! I feel very blessed to be a Mama to a boy AND a girl! Now, I just need to figure out how to fix little girl's hair! lol!


We haven't decided on a name yet. We have a working list though, so it won't be long now.

Hugs to you all!

7 comments:

Elena said...

Very excited. A little jealous too. I was a little nervous for you. Since this is when you found out about G's tube (can't think of the name right now) issue. Glad everything looks good. Will be praying for an easy rest of the pregnancy and smooth labor.

B-Mama said...

Oh, wonderful news!! Congratulations on pink! We can learn how to do pigtails together... :) More than anything, we are so happy to learn of her health. That's most important!!! Yahoo!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Congratulations! The hair fixing is NOT easy...particularly if she turns out to be as strong willed as my Lorelai!

Unknown said...

I am SO excited for you! Girl stuff is too cute!

Rosemary said...

Sally and family, Congratulations!!! Grady is going to be so sweet to his little baby sister. We are so happy for you!!

Teacher-Mom said...

Yeah again! I'm very excited to get to experience having a girl a little bit through you. She is going to be a lucky little girl with a great mommy and daddy and a super big brother. I put my vote in for the "M" name that you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We are so excited to have a GIRL! Only cuz they have cute little dresses! Either way it is exciting to have another little one joining the family! Only wish we were closer so we could experience it a little more fisrt hand (just had to make you feel guilty for a sec)! Can't wait to meet her, I know G-boo is gonna do a great job in his new role as big brother! I am so happy for ya'll:) :) :) love Aunt "in"