Sunday, July 25, 2010

Storytime and lunch with Dad!

We're super happy to report that B-man is home! He got to come home a couple of days early from his TDY trip and we couldn't be happier! I know one little boy who was especially happy to see his Daddy! And now, we can really get to work on a name for Miss Bit!

Friday morning Boo and I went to storytime at a bookstore downtown called The Twig. It was our first time there and we got a special treat. They had a child entertainer performing...singing songs and reading books. Turns out, the entertainer was at one of Boo's friends Z's birthday party back in the Spring. So, this was our 2nd time seeing him. Boo loved it and was a bit scared all at the same time. He sat there so enthralled with the music and stories...in my lap, of course. He wouldn't move...at all. I tried to move his arms to the motions and he wouldn't budge! Here are a few pics.


I cracked up when I saw this picture, b/c I was trying to take it myself of just Boo.
Look at how hard I'm concentrating. ;)


Take two :)

Mr J singing and reading!


I absolutely had to stand up after sitting on that concrete floor with a 30+ pound Boo in my lap for over 30 minutes. So, I took my chance during "If you're happy and you know it".
As you can see, Boo was participating in "if you're happy and you know it, don't make a move!"
I really do think he enjoyed it, but he was so enthralled, he couldn't do a thing.


After storytime, we picked up Daddy for lunch!

My two favorite guys!
Aren't they cute in their camou pants?


Our sweet Boo!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet, sweet family!
Love BeBe

Elso said...

We love going to bookstores at our house too. We haven't ever been to one where there is singing though! Love the pics. Boo is adorable!

Teacher-Mom said...

I appreciate the caption provided with the first picture because you looked mad and I'm glad to know that you weren't! Boo looks like he has such a big boy hair cut, very cute. Glad Daddy and Boo were reunited!

B-Mama said...

Boo is seriously looking like such a big boy these days--definitely getting ready for little sister. Too cute! :) So glad you all are reunited (and that B-man is home to help! ;) xo

Julian Garcia said...

Friend of mine (Kat) shared this with me, am glad your little Boo enjoyed the stories! I remember his timid little self I couldn't get him to strum the strings on my guitar hehehe.
Come to the Twig for my end of summer concert Aug 14th, I'll have the works, PA , drum machine, and instruments for kids to play.
Julian Garcia
(Entertainer 4 Kids)

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! Love the ones of Boo and his Daddy!