Tuesday, March 20, 2012

More on Cash

First, let me say thanks for all of your support! It is hard and the months are LONG! Even February was long! It would have been long even without the extra day for leap year. 

Carrie, I did keep thinking, "Does it make sense to buy envelopes in order to decrease spending?"
I went back and forth over it and then I just decided that it probably would help me to have them. So, I put them in the budget! Good question.

Also, I reworked the budget so that every budget category that I was going to use cash for was rounded to the nearest twenty. ATMs only distribute in multiples of twenty. I found that out real quick. So, to make it easier, I budgeted in multiple of twenties. 

Something else that I'm doing to decrease costs is tweaking pizza night We used to go out/order in pizza every Friday night. Food is so expensive now!  So now, we order in once/month and buy frozen pizza from the store or make our own for the other Fridays. This is a definite money saver. 

I also use coupons, but only if it's convenient. BeBe and Granny hand over the ones they don't use and I use them if I can. I don't have the time to really delve into it right now by matching competitor and store coupons with items on sale.  I also don't have a printer.   But, every bit helps. 

Okay, that's all about the budget. 


I was fiddling with my camera and took some pics of the pups...

My Sandy girl!

I have a picture of her like this when she was an itty bitty puppy and she was lying on the a/c vent to cool off. Same pose. I wonder where that photo is now.

She caught me on this one!




Still looking like a puppy despite the gray hairs on his chinny chin chin.

Squirrel watch.
(I know, I need to clean the window)




Have a good week!

6 comments:

The Masini Family: said...

OH honey! I was just kidding! I am all for the pretty envelopes! ;-) And, I fell off the wagon today and went to Target. Of course, went in for one thing and came out with too much! I'm sure I'll get a message from B about that...sometimes it seems like he has all the time in the world over there to check out the credit card statements every minute! ;-) Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Ha All my windows look like this and as soon as I clean them they look that way again in five minutes. Sometimes it is just not worthe the time or effort!!!Love the pics of the puppies...It just seems like yesterday that Sandy was a wee little pup.
Allyson

Unlce-A said...

C-girl, Hey! Its not often I comment on here, but wanted to say thanks for keeping us all updated. I always enjoy your posts and love your photos. Always- great pics of the kids and pups- you tell a great story. Thanks for all your support to B-Man. Uncle-A.

Anonymous said...

Such a peaceful sleep AND Murray can't wait for her to wake up so they can play! Allyson we sat UNDER the front porch waiting for Sandy and her sibs to be born, remember?
Love ya, BeBe

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the pups! I miss them too! I guess it's been almost 9 months since I've seen them.
Love, B-Man

AR and J Mama said...

I just want to curl up with those sweet puppies, hoping that peaceful deep sleep would rub off on me!! :) Great pics!!