Saturday, February 18, 2012

Soccer Saturday

For the next 8 weeks, Saturday will be known as soccer Saturday! This is Boo's first time playing a team sport. We were both really excited about this morning. I'm easing into the whole thing. There's only one practice/week...on Saturday and the at the end of the season, the practices become games. And we didn't have to be there until 10 a.m Whew!! I was glad it wasn't an 8 a.m. practice time.

When we pulled up to the soccer fields, it was so exciting. There are about 9 fields and teams of all ages are playing. You could hear the crowds and parents cheering. I felt like I was taking my son to play college football! I was beaming with excitement! ha!

Turns out, the first part of practice was parent participation. Which is fine with me...except that I had Lil Bit to look after. Luckily I brought about 20 minutes worth of goldfish and that kept her occupied during the first half. After that, she wasn't having the stroller anymore!  He had a great time and didn't complain/whine about getting dirty. We've been preparing for that for a while now. He doesn't like to be dirty.


Here are some pics! He definitely looks the part!













Of course, I took some video too:






He doesn't quite get the "no hands" part of the game, but I think he did great for his first time! AND...he was listening well and was attentive and very well mannered!! Success!!!


3 comments:

B-Mama said...

Welcome to soccer Saturdays! So fun! I can remember our first one... we were also so pumped. Boo looks so cute in his gear. Loved all the shots! Way to go Boo and mom!! :)

Anonymous said...

Boo looks like he had blast! Glad to hear that it all went well and that Bit was patient (a least for a little while). The vids came through just fine over here. The pics were great and it was nice to watch him in the vids too. Great Job! Love, B-Man

Teacher-Mom said...

Soccer Saturday appears to have been a success! He looks like a pro in all of his gear. Welcome to the world of sports and activities on the weekends. Loved all the pics!