Saturday, February 18, 2012

Funny Friday

So all week I've been thinking that when Friday came I would write a post about the funny things Boo has said this week and funny bits about our Lil Bit. Well, Friday came and I was still on board. And then it was bedtime, and I got sleepy as I was reading books to Boo...and now it's Saturday.

Not only did I not post on Friday, I can't even remember half of the funny things that Boo said this week! I need to keep a running tally so that when Friday comes, I can just post it.

I do remember one thing he said while he was sick. We talked a lot about germs and how they make you sick this week. So one morning when he woke up and was still sick, he said, "Mama, why do my germs still want to play on my hands?"  So cute!

Oh something else we've been talking about is Jesus and God and heaven and that always leads to a discussion about outer space.  It usually goes something like this; "Mama, I want to go in a rocket and go way up into space to see Jesus."  Hmm...any tips on describing where heaven is in relation to space??

We even had an impromptu science lesson on the sun, Earth, and the moon the other day at lunch. He wanted to know how does the moon come up at night. So, I used what we had on the table to make a visual aid and explained that the moon is actually in the same spot and that the Earth rotates every day. I also explained that when it's day time on one side of the Earth, it's night time on the other side.  We did not talk about the revolution of the Earth. That was just too much.

The white cap is the moon. The lid to our fruit cup is the Earth. SC is the french fry and Afghanistan is the chicken nugget. The red bowl is the sun, of course! After explaining everything to him, he was able to tell me whether it was day or night in SC and Afghanistan based on the rotating Earth! Not too shabby for an impromptu science lesson.
Oh, gosh! I almost forgot about this funny thing!

Do you notice anything...


...about his pants??

Like they're on backwards??
I put his clothes out for him in his room yesterday and I could hear him getting frustrated so I asked if he needed help. Nope. He wanted to do it all by himself. He came out of his room a few minutes later and was all dressed! Hooray!! High fives for everyone! And, then about two hours later when I was picking him up from child watch at the Y, I noticed it...he had his pants on backwards!! Oops! I suppose I need to do a better job of checking his clothes after he's dressed.

Now, it's Bit's turn. She is something else. She's a little mama. She's always putting things away.

I opened the drawer under the oven the other day and found an empty cereal box, her socks, and a kitchen towel.

And I found this dog bone in the dish washer.

And here she is! She loves to play in the kitchen cabinets.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Good stuff. The science lesson sounds good ... the Chick Fil A sounds better! Boo sounds like he's getting smarter every day. Bit is so cute! Thanks for the updates. Love, B-Man