Monday, October 24, 2011

Prayer Request

I'm writing tonight to tell you about my cousin, Billy. He's my Aunt B's son and is not much older than I am. He's a Florida State Trooper and last week, he suffered a hemorrhagic stroke.  They've been keeping him heavily sedated in Neuro ICU. His daily scans show that the vessels are no longer bleeding, but the amt of blood on the brain hasn't decreased much since the initial injury.  He also has a fever and  pneumonia secondary to aspirating during the stroke. They have antibiotics on board for that now. He is on a ventilator and has a feeding tube as well.
The docs are going to slowly decrease his sedation and they will begin to try to wean him off of the ventilator.


We do not yet know the functional impact of his injury as he has been in a sedated state. No doubt, the road ahead will be long and hard for Billy and his family.


In an email to family and friends, my Aunt B wrote this, "We know this could be a long recovery with a lot of rehab and we are being very positive and optimistic that with everyone's prayers he will heal according to God's plan for him". 


I ask for you to pray for Billy and his recovery. I ask you to pray for his family for strength and rest as they care for Billy. I ask you to pray for his healthcare providers, that they are top notch and have a lot of experience and resources available to them.


This was definitely shocking news to us all as he is so young. They believe he had an underlying high blood pressure problem that he wasn't aware of because of how high his blood pressure was at the hospital.


BeBe and Aunt R went to Florida this weekend to offer some emotional support to our family.


I haven't seen Billy much over the last several years, but I remember playing with him at my grandparent's house as a young child and going to visit his family in Florida during summer vacation. My Granddaddy used to have all of this scrap wood and old coffee jars full of nails and screws in his work shed/greenhouse. Robin, Billy, Nancy and I used to build fake guns (I don't know why that's what we built, but we did) and climb trees and play in the backyard.  When we would visit them in Florida, we'd visit his grandparents there and spend hours swimming in the pool. I vaguely remember something about our cousin Ricky and olives, but the details are fuzzy.


Please pray for him and his family.


God is who He says He is.
And, God can do what He says He can do.
I believe that.

2 comments:

B-Mama said...

Prayers abound here for Billy and your entire family. Peace be with you during this trying time. We will pray for a miracle... but ultimately, God's will be done. xox

The Masini Family: said...

I believe that too! Saying lots of prayers for you all!