Friday, August 12, 2011

Rocky Start

Well, thank the Lord BeBe is here! But, I'm not sure she's going to come back to visit after her adventure thus far.


She began her journey with a delayed flight in Charleston, which led to a missed flight in Atlanta, and then a missed flight in Minneapolis which caused her to have to overnight in Minneapolis...without her makeup!


She finally made it here 12 hours after she was supposed to arrive, but it was raining.


Day 2 found us at the grocery store and out to enjoy the peeking sunshine by taking a walk and a stop off  at the park for us to make friends. We discovered a sick Boo that afternoon. Fever and punkish.


Day 3 and Boo is still sick. BeBe was a lifesaver and watched the children while I went to my already scheduled haircut appointment! I was desperate. I had not gotten my haircut since about a month before we left Texas. Thankfully, the children were awesome while I was gone.


I lost my ID card, we had a mix up with our urgent care referral for Boo which was necessary b/c there are NEVER ANY APPOINTMENTS AT THE PEDS CLINIC! They referred me to one place but gave me the phone number to another place and...yadda, yadda, yadda...Boo finally was seen. It looked like strep, but the test was negative.  So, a wide spectrum antibiotic was prescribed and we're hopeful it kicks in because Denali is out folks! After almost 10 days of rain, the sun is shining and it's beautiful. It won't last long, so I hope our lil guy is feeling adventurous soon.


BeBe did have her first moose sighting though! We saw a Mama and a Baby munching on some leaves in someone's front yard! Mama Moose had a beard! hehehe!


I'm so thankful that BeBe is here! These speed bumps would be mountains without her! And, she always keeps me giggling! Oh, AND she found my ID card in my vest pocket that I wore yesterday! Whew!

1 comment:

B-Mama said...

Oh, so good! I'm so glad for you that she's there. God bless you both as you conquer the bumps. Much love! xoxo