I really wanted to show BeBe the Matanuska Glacier. I really was amazed by it when we went earlier this summer. Time was running out and it looked like the weather might not cooperate. But, on a day we planned on doing nothing, we ended up going on up to the glacier because the sun was out.
 |
| It's a good thing BeBe got her camera out to take a pic of Boo with his shades on in the driveway because... |
 |
...WE SAW A BEAR right after going through the gate to leave post.
It ran right across the street in front of us. It was beautiful (never thought I'd say that about a bear)!
Shiny, black hair and was healthy looking too. By the time we got it together to get the picture, it was just about to enter the woods. Woohoo!! Bear sighting...check! From the truck...check, check!! |
 |
All packed up and ready to hike!
I don't think she was really unhappy here, just stuffed in the pack. |
 |
Now, I kept telling Boo to follow BeBe and stay on the bridges!
But, I see him slowly starting to go off course, here... |
 |
| And this is what happened! He fell right in the mud! |
 |
| Nothing a little glacier pond can't take care of... |
 |
| ...a mother's work is never done... |
 |
| ...hang on Bit, we're going down... |
 |
Ahh! On with our trek.
By the way, the orange cones aren't danger cones per se, they're just marking the most desired path to get out on the glacier.
It's not like you're going to fall in to a black hole of glacier silt if you don't stay on the path. Just FYI. |
 |
| I wanted to take this pic with the couple walking ahead of us so that you can really see how big this thing is! |
 |
| For the more adventurous (and more experienced) you can go ice climbing. |
 |
Crevice!
Don't worry, it was tiny. |
 |
| :) :) :) :) |
 |
Afterwards, we went to Long Rifle Lodge and ate supper.
It was DELICIOUS!!
We all cleaned our plates! This is really a picture of the glacier in the background.
Sorry to cut off your head Lil Bit. |
 |
Another bear! Grizzly, this time.
The lodge was FULL of animals like this. It was really neat.
It was another GREAT day! The drive North to the glacier was so different the drive South to Seward. To the North, there are a lot of deciduous trees and the fall is already showing itself with the changing of the leaves. To the South, it's mostly evergreens. Both are beautiful though!
The last week of BeBe's trip, we kind of stayed around home and she took good care of me! She cooked supper, she washed dishes, and unloaded the dishwasher (swoon) and vacuumed, too! She watched both children so that I could get my haircut (early in the trip) and so that I could do a little shopping on my own, get a pedicure and allowed me to escape for a massage!!!
She also watched each child individually so that I could have some precious one on one time with each of them. That really was an unexpected blessing...to be able to focus and enjoy just being with one of them at a time. I think it was equally a blessing to her as well. Boo and I went on a date. We went to lunch (McD's) and to the movies. It was raining out, so going to the movies was a great choice. We saw The Smurfs movie...in 3D!! I didn't realize I had chosen the 3D movie, and was kind of 'bleh' when I discovered it. But, I was really amazed at the technology...and it didn't make me motion sick! I loved it!
We held hands (he wouldn't let my hand go) and ate popcorn! It was awesome. |
 |
He looks sad, but he wasn't.
I think he looked out over the top of the glasses the whole movie. Hehehe!
Thank you so much BeBe for coming out to see us and taking care of us all while B-man was away. Oh! And thank you waking up with Boo and letting me nap!
We miss you!
And to PawPaw, thank you for taking care of Murray and Sandy while BeBe was away! Sandy had an upset stomach for several days that kept PawPaw on clean up duty. He even had to get the steam cleaner from Aunt R!
As I type, B-man is flying home! Should be here for the babes to see him when they wake up in the morning!
Yay!! |
4 comments:
I teared up to hear of your 'alone time' and one on one dates. Yea for BeBe!! Great visit and I know you're looking for b to be home! But, way to go while he was away! And, look at Bit hair (in the chopped off pix).,.looks like it is getting lighter!!!
What a wonderful mama BeBe is and You! Glad you all had such a nice time together and that B-man is on his way home!
What awesome adventures you had while your mom was there. So glad she was there to support you while B man was away. You truly are taking full advantage of Alaska. I can't believe how big Lil Bit is getting and it is fun reading all of her big milestones- yeah Lil Bit. Hope Boo loves preschool, I'm sure he'll do great! Glad to hear that B-man is on his way home, safe and sound. Also, it sounds like the storm wasn't quite as bad as they originally forecasted, so hopefully all is well with your family. Hugs!!
BeBe sounds like an awesome mom rockstar! I want to be like her someday... I'm so glad you had her help and you all had such a great time together. What is it about moms that makes them so amazing? Give those cuties a squeeze and enjoy your family time being back together. xoxo
Post a Comment