Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Months!

Lil Bit is 2 months old today! I can't believe it! It is going by so fast. Sniff!
She had her well baby check today.
She weighed in at 13 lbs and 9 oz...I love that!! The chunkier, the better! That puts her in the 95th percentile. She's 23 inches long. The nurse practitioner didn't say what percent this was, just that it was above average. Her head size is average (they didn't write that one on my paper, so I don't know what it was).
There's one more number to share...FOUR. What could that be?
It's the number of scrumptious rolls on her chubby thighs! I just want to eat them up! This was not an official stat, by the way, just something I wanted to add.

She's been going to sleep around 10 p.m. and waking up once to eat in the middle of the night. But, the last two nights she's been really cranky in the evening, making me think she might be ready to shift her bed time a little earlier. Her daytime sleep is scattered, at best. But, we'll get there.

In the first weeks of her life, I noticed that she favored turning her head to the right...especially when she sleept. So, I mentioned it at her 2 wk appt and the doc said she probably just had a preference for that side. Well, I continued to encourage Bit to turn her head the other direction, which is nearly impossible for a baby that young. I would even turn her head for her when she slept, but she would always turn it back. She's starting to get a flat spot on that side now too. So, today when the nurse pract. was checking her neck ROM, Bit really didn't like it at all and it was difficult to turn her. So, we're off to physical therapy to try to get some more tips on what to do. I remember learning about this in PT school, but I've tried everything I know. I'm hoping they have something new to offer seeing as how I never worked with babies. I've been avoiding propping her at night b/c I don't want her to roll onto her face. But, I might have to start doing that while she naps and watch her on the monitor.
Anyway, all else is well. They were out of one of the immunizations she needed today, so we're going to go back next week to get her 2 month shots.

She's smiling and cooing and doing great with tummy time. She's a recent fan of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." and loves to look at the fan, her mobile, and her mama! I've caught her smiling at Boo too when he's talking near her. I'm always sure to tell him that Bit is smiling at him (because he's still jealous) and he eats it up. She's starting to pay attention to her toy bar on her bouncy chair and there were a couple of times this week I thought she might roll over, but not yet.

She's doing great and we love her sooo much!
Here are her 2 month pics. I took them right when she woke up, so she's still a little sleepy.






Boo's Potty Training Update:
Boo has earned three cars in a row!!! He picked "Miss Sally" tonight. I tried to tell him that Mama's name is Sally and he said, "and Mama's name is Lightning McQeen, too." Hmmm...I don't think he gets it. ha! He's been doing really good and is eager to show me that his under-roos are dry. So, I'm hopeful!

Boo, Miss Sally, McQueen, and View Zeen #39



3 comments:

Elena said...

Very sweet. It is so frustrating when they don't have the shots that you need.
I think of you guys often, and wonder how your day is going.

Anonymous said...

Hope that you get to the PT soon and get that corrected and her shots given soon too. You can tell just from the pics, that she is growing in length and weight. Good job! G-Boo is too cute with his "Cars". Happy to hear that he is being successful with this new approach to his"PT"
Love BeBe

Teacher-Mom said...

Glad to hear that Lil Bit is so healthy, although I never had my doubts. Way to go Boo on earning three cars...Keep it up!