Boo went to MDO on Tuesday and they called me around 1:00 p.m. to tell me that he was crying and fussy and pulling on his ears, saying they hurt. Hmmm. I was skeptical, not that they were lying, but that he had an ear infection. He's only had one very mild ear infection in his life and that was back in Arkansas. So, I picked him up early and I didn't even mention his ears and he never mentioned them to me and now it's Friday and he hasn't complained about them at all since he was at MDO. So, the silver lining here is that I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an ear infection and we didn't have to make yet another trip to the doctor!
There's more...
Yesterday, I got a flat tire!!
I had both kiddos with me too and of course it was nearly time for Maggie to eat. I was hoping to run in and out of a couple of stores and get home to feed her. But, when I came out of Target I noticed the tire was low. Bleh! Bleh! Bleh! Bleh! Bleh! My first thought was, I'm going to have to call B-man to come fix it b/c clearly I can't handle two children and change the tire. Which led me to think...where is the spare tire? Under the JEEP? In the back under all of the strollers and gear?? Hmmm...I have no idea! Oh brother. Aaaaahhhh!!
And then, there it was...my silver lining...there was a NTW (National Tire something or another) in the shopping center !!!! Woohoo! I drove over (on a low, not totally flat, tire so I wasn't riding on the rim) and they checked it out for me!! There was a screw in it. They were able to patch it for me. Hallelujah! Now, that really is a blessing!!!!!
Okay, moving on to better things!
Boo, got his hair cut yesterday. We go to this place where they have a Lightning McQueen car chair to sit in. He LOVES IT!!! He was very patient too while waiting his turn. They also played the movie CARS for him while he got his trim. I mean, how ridiculous is all of this?? lol! But, I splurge to take him there because he loves it so! They also give the children balloons after their cut. Well, Boo's balloon blew away in the nasty wind. It popped off the string. At first, Boo was very concerned and as the balloon was making its way to oh I don't know, Louisiana at at rapid speed, Boo says to me, "Mama, go get it..."
I stammered, "Uh...ummm, well, you know what (with my voice rising in that happy tone we parents get when we're trying to sell something to our kids)?" "That balloon has gone into the sky to be with the airplanes. Sometimes balloons do that. It's okaaaaayyyy!" I looked down at his little face hoping my explanation would suffice and luckily it did. He bought it! Whew! Meltdown averted. He was even excited to tell Daddy later that evening that the balloon went to play with the airplanes. Ha!
Okay, I admit it, like many moms out there I wondered if I could possibly love another child as much as I love my Lil Boo. While prego, I was slightly concerned that I wouldn't be able to connect with Miss Bitsy like I had with G. I mean, he's my boy, ya know?
Well, let me just say, I'm TOTALLY in love with this little girl!! And, I think she's pretty smitten with me too. I could just hold her and snuggle her all day! I mean just look at her. She's gorgeous! And, she's a good baby!! I could just eat her up!
Oh, how I love them so!
Here are a couple of videos of Bitsy. She's not really doing any new tricks in these, but I know the grands love to watch.
Happy Weekend!
P.S. I know my use of punctuation is atrocious at best. I definitely need a review.


4 comments:
Love it, love it, love it! Just keep the posts coming and forget about the puctuation!; ) Great photos of both grands and happy to hear that you are still finding those "silver linings"!
Love BeBe
Thank You! We love the photos of the grands, so glad that they are both feeling better. Can't get enough of either of them. Granny & Grandpa
I always felt that having another child doesn't split your love in 1/2, it doubles it! You are an amazing mom and doing such a great job!!! I don't think I took AR for a haircut the 1st 6 months of J's life! ;)
Glad to see things are still looking up, despite the flat and nasty nose! Auntie loves the videos too! Yeah, who cares about punctuation anyways!@#$%^&*()
Lots of love,
Aunt R
Post a Comment