We're making up for the super dry summer we had last year with all of this rain we've been getting recently. It's hard to find fun stuff to do when you're stuck inside all day. So, here's what we've been up to...
Last Friday we went to Bisque Bistro in New Braunfels. It's a paint your own pottery place. On Fridays, they host Mini Monets. They read a story and you paint a piece of pottery or make a mosaic like on this day. He did SOOOO good. He loved putting the gems on the heart. He did finally get bored, but I was very pleased with his participation. Once he was "done" with the project, he played with his two little buddies with the toys in the children's corner provided by the shop....brilliant!
And yesterday, it poured ALL day long! We started out at the gym and then went to the library for story time. We stayed afterwards to play with all of the puzzles and the moms got to chat a bit. After nap time, we worked on another art project. We made some really cute and simple Valentine's Day cards to deliver in SC next week.
"I'm READY to start!!! "
This is a preview. They're not complete in this photo.
He was sooo mad when we were done with the project.
I think he wanted to paint the house!
Today, we're going to baby playgroup and we absolutely must go to the grocery store!
We also want to wish Granny a Happy Birthday today!!!
5 comments:
You two are certainly keeping busy! I'm so impressed with all the art activities. I have to admit that I don't have the energy to get them going on art projects most of the time. I wish I was better about being more constructive with their time. Have fun in SC and tell everyone hello. Also, happy anniversary coming up!
What a little artist! He seems to be having so much fun! Doesn't that just make your heart happy!
Tanner is constantly asking for more "projects." I love the little Valentines you made ... I'll have to put that on our to do list for this week!
Hugs to you both!
So crafty and super cute! I love the Valentine's! Sounds like you guys are having fun despite the rain!
I hope you haven't given up on your prize from my giveaway. It will be in the mail bright and early on Monday morning. I know your parents are excited that you're headed this way soon.
What fun projects--Boo is so blessed to have a Mommy who is so creative and quick-thinking amidst the rain!! I just was at Michael's picking up supplies for the boys to make their Valentines. I figure its a great indoor activity with all the snow--and they can't wait to play with glitter glue!!
Have a great trip to SC!!! xo
Post a Comment