Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sewing Projects

Right after Boo was born I kept telling everyone and myself that we were in 'survival mode'. Things that were not essential did not get done. This included not cleaning the bathroom for 6 weeks!!! It took us a L-O-N-G time to get out of survival mode. Where did we emerge on the other side of surviving? I'm not sure what I would call it. It wasn't back to normal, but more things were getting done. The bathroom was cleaned more regularly, but not every week and not as well as I used to clean it. We were also up for more adventures and excursions. Life as we would know it was truly taking it's new shape. Before Boo was born, I liked to have little projects for myself. I say little because, I like for my projects to be quick ones. I like to see results!

If you asked me a month ago, I don't think I'd be able to tell you what my last project was. Probably getting Boo's nursery ready. No, surely I did something in the past 2 years!

Anyway, I'm happy to report that I'm back into project mode!

This past fall I started and completed Boo's first year scrapbook!! That was a HUGE accomplishment!

At the end of the summer I bought a sewing machine. I've always wanted to be able to sew and BeBe has helped me with some projects along the way, but I definitely would not consider myself a "sewer". Is that even a word?

But now, I'm on my way. My first project was this little pillowcase for Boo's little pillow. I know in this picture it looks like a regular sized pillowcase, but it's just right for his little head. I did cheat, sort of. I used an adult sized pillow case and trimmed it down so I would only have to sew one side and the end. Voila'...project done!


And, most recently I finished these cute curtains for our playroom. I know the fabric is a little girl-y and trust me, it wasn't what I had envisioned, but I just loved it, so I bought it anyway.
This was my first big project without BeBe in the next room to help! I did make several phone calls and she was very helpful and encouraging! Thanks BeBe. The project took longer than expected because I mostly only worked on it during nap time, but I'm very happy with the results. The photos don't do the colors justice, but you get the idea.





And, I couldn't resist adding this photo of Boo. B-man and him have so much fun! I love listening to them laugh and play in the tub while I'm in the office checking up on you all!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy to see my student did such a good job with the sewing. You have been upgraded from "sewer" to "seamstress".
Also love the little clown! ; )
Love BeBe

Elso said...

Both projects look great! I'm very jealous. I think I'm missing the "sewing gene."

Unknown said...

The pillow and valence look great! I wish I could sew! And I love the tub pic...so cute!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

YOU WON!!! The DREAM sign from my giveaway. Send me your mailing address and I'll get it to you ASAP.

lifeofasouthernbelle@gmail.om

Teacher-Mom said...

That is quite a hairdo! And, I would say that your sewing projects look like a success! Glad to hear that you are back in project mode.