Sunday, April 12, 2009

We Made It!

Well, we made it to Texas!

We arrived yesterday afternoon. Boo has done exceptionally well considering his world has turned upside down and every time he goes to sleep, he's in a new place. Poor buddy.
He did really well in the car, for the most part, and charmed people all along the way!

He was really starting to get restless yesterday with about an hour left to go to San Antonio and I knew I just had to get him out of the car. I pulled off at the next exit to find every boy's paradise....Cabella's! He loved walking around the HUGE store and especially enjoyed playing in the tents they had set up for display. They also have a mini aquarium, and he loved looking at the fish. It was the perfect place to stop! Thank you Cabella's.

Sandy, however, didn't handle the transition as smoothly. Poor girl had an upset stomach in the car and hotel room. Oh brother. She's feeling much better now.

We went by our house and it looks great! I think we'll really enjoy the swings across the street and the awesome back porch! Great job B-man! We should get the keys tomorrow. Not a moment too soon.

Today we went to the Riverwalk and saw the Alamo. I have pics, but I can't get them on the computer right now.

It definitely hasn't been a traditional Easter weekend for us. Boo "hunted" eggs in the hotel room! But hey, the Easter bunny made it this year and that is progress. Last year Boo was only a couple of weeks old and we were clearly still in survival mode.

Well, I suppose I'll close for now. We'll be in touch soon.

2 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

Relieved to hear that you made it and Boo did so well considering how crazy things have probably been. I can totally relate to the Cabella's stop. When Joey and I drove to Indiana when he was one, he was quite unhappy for a good portion of the trip (to say the least). We stopped at a Dairy Queen/rest stop, enjoyed some ice cream, and time out of the car. It made a world of difference! Poor Sandy girl. Hopefully she just needs a few days to recoup and she'll feel better. I'm impressed that you've already done so much sight seeing. After so many days in the car and the hotel, you were probably anxious to get out. Can't wait to see more pics. Happy new house!

Julie said...

Glad you made it! We've been praying for y'all!