Saturday, February 16, 2008

Still waiting...

I know, I know...I haven't done a good job of updating you all this week. I was hoping I'd finally have something to update you on. But, not much has changed since our last baby update. We went to the doctor on Monday and there weren't any changes to report and the week has been fairly uneventful as far as contractions go. That being said, last night I did have a lot of "tightening" in my lower abdomen, but it never progressed into much of anything. We're hoping that means it won't be long now though! We're ready to meet our little boy!!! We have another doctor's appointment on Monday so, I'll do better about keeping everyone informed, change or no change.

I'd like to say a Happy Anniversary to B-man! Our five year anniversary was yesterday. We watched our wedding video last night and commented on how perfect the day was, despite all of the changes we had to make because of B-man's impending deployment. Thanks to our friends and family who adjusted plans and made the day possible. As we watched the video, we smiled, laughed, and of course I cried. I just love watching it! I can't believe it was five years ago and now we're waiting on our son's arrival. B-man was even gracious enough to dance with me to our wedding song (as I wore my pink fluffy slippers and pajamas...what a difference 5 years makes-hehehe!). Thanks Hon!
If you'd like to listen to our song, here it is.
Clint Black's, Something That We Do.

The Happy Couple!
Hope you have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very interesting and exciting time canceling one wedding and putting together another one in about 11 days! You are right, thanks to family and friends, it was perfect for the two of you. Now on to other updates . . . Puppies now have their eyes open, are beginning to figure out how to walk instead of body-surfing and are sitting up too. Bella is within about 3 lbs of her "girlie" weight, and continues to be a great mother. The pups are also starting to figure out how to escape the wading pool. They are developing their lungs with teeny, tiny little barks. I'll send pictures for you to update your blog with. I know that I can honestly say, "I'll see ya SOON!"
Love ya, BeBe

Carolina Girl said...

BeBe, you're right. The past five years have been an adventure from the start! And, yes, we need more puppy photos and videos of them doing their new tricks!! Love you!
-Me!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I've been wondering about baby news, but I know it can be sooo annoying when everyone is constantly asking. You are both going to be great parents. I can't wait to see the little guy.

Lana

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I have ever seen any of your wedding photos, so I'm so glad you posted this one! You guys look great! Can't wait for tomorrow's update! You're 39 weeks!!!! HOORAY!!!

Amy

B-Mama said...

Thanks for keeping us posted! You're doing great... Just hang in there and try to be patient. I know that's easier said than done! When you do go into labor, the whole event is going to be surreal, so try to enjoy EVERY moment, even when you're in a lot of pain! lol. Hugs and prayers as you wait...