Sunday, July 28, 2013

Butlers head North to Alaska

One of my great childhood friends, Allyson,  and her family were quite brave this summer and journeyed to AK. It's a LONG way from SC. There were 2 adults and 5 children in the group. And they handled it beautifully. I never once saw them flustered or stressed. I was so impressed with how well they traveled. It just proves to me that I don't handle stress well. I'm a total mess and I'm at max capacity with my two. A and R were so calm. I could definitely learn a thing or two from them. 
Here are just a few pics of our adventures together.
Boo and E. E is Allyson's nephew.
I think they were both excited to be "brothers" for their short time together.


We went panning for gold one morning.
It was a lot of fun and the owners of the gold mine were great with the kids.
We were successful too!


Mr. R helping C and E.


Only part of our crew.


Lil Bit helping me babysit the babies!
9 months old and they were champs!  You should've seen me trying to feed them bottles at the same time!!

A and her babes!



Miss C and Lil Bit exploring.


My girl!








I took 3,000 pic of them here. And they would NOT look at the camera. Not at the same time anyway.  So, I made some grand gesture to get them to look at me and instead of just looking at me, they repeated my gesture. Not exactly what I was going for but it turned out PERFECT!
(Sound familiar BeBe...monkey see, monkey do?)



Silly faces.
We were also nearly carried away by mosquitoes here.



Hmmm...

These guys were such troopers!


Hiking in Denali National Park.


A and sweet baby J!


Family photo.
Sort of.
Everyone is in there, just not looking.


Beautiful views on our hike.


The big little people earned their Junior Park Ranger Badges at Denali National Park.
Boo is totally into this Junior Ranger thing and plays Junior Ranger all of the time now at home.

I'm so happy they came to visit. It was so nice to chat with A and R in the evenings. I miss our people from home.
Boo and Bit have been missing them since they left and want to know when they'll be back to play. Next week is good for us, how about you, A??!!



Up next...the Faye B&B opens it doors again for more special guests!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun visit! I know the children had a great time and glad you were able to visit with A & R.
Love, BeBe

Anonymous said...

Sure we can be back anytime!!!!! Callie still misses them. Of course we all miss you. thanks again...you were definitely the hostess with the mostest!!!!
Allyson