Friday, June 21, 2013

Wildlife

Here are some pics of wildlife on post!
I didn't take these two pics above. A friend of mine did. This bear was over in the neighborhood we lived in when we first arrived to AK in 2011. This was right after the snow melted. It looks like this bear has been eating all winter if you ask me!


I did take the pics of these cubs.
A friend of mine sent me a text on their location and I loaded up the kids to go check them out.  Don't worry, we stayed in the car!

They were cuties!

Another bear that I saw out of the corner of my eye as we passed over a creek on post.
We turned around to get a better look.


Right after we saw the bear above, we turned the car around and saw this mama and baby moose.

Moose on the hill behind our house.

Same moose.


B-man recently took a trip up north and saw some caribou, bison, and a rare bull moose. I don't think he's seen a bear yet!

We are very careful. We have our bear spray and bike bells and we talk about wildlife safety a lot.

Oh, and Brian saw a porcupine a couple of weeks ago too.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I may need to know where to get some Bear Spray! But who knows Callie can yell really loud (and it is really really highpitched) so maybe that will work.
Allyson