....is that the moment they step in, the children behave amazingly! I mean for real, what's up with that? Just take a look at this video of B-man wiping Lil Bit down after supper and then watch the video of me wiping her down after supper. As you can see, she HATES it when I do it, but doesn't mind a bit when B-man does. In fact, she sometimes flirts with him while he's wiping peas out of her ears.
B-man wipes down Bit.
Mama wipes down Bit.
And, it continues on the changing table. Lil Bit hates to be on her back and refuses to stay there while I'm changing her diaper. She rolls, and squirms, and fights me the whole time. Now, when her Daddy changes her, she just lies there still as can be and looks up at him adoringly (gag me with a spoon). Haha!
And Lil Boo is the same way! When I go out to run errands on the weekend, Boo never asks B-man for a single morsel of food and is happy to play by himself for hours (okay, not hours, but you get the idea). And then, the exact moment that I walk in the door, Boo runs over to me and the first thing he says to me is, "Mama, can I have a snack?" which really gets under my skin because he's constantly asking for food during the day and it drives. me. crazy. When this happens, I'll look over at B-man and he'll mouth to me, "He never asked me for anything," and I'll say, "I know, I know."
So what is it about Daddies??

3 comments:
My kids are the same. Daddy totally hung the moon and can get away with anything without tears... What IS it about Daddies?? :) Love the difference between face wiping. lol. MG def. puts up a fight for me, but I think its because I'm the norm and Daddy is novel.
I'm convinced my children act the worst around me, but hope it's because they know I will love them unconditionally. I try to take it as a compliment that they are sure of my love! :)
LOL! You're right?! What is it about Daddies and what ever are we going to do without them while they are deployed?! I'm already praying for patience and moments of serenity! ;-)
Hmmmm... seem to remember thinking the same thing when you and AUnt R were little. What is it about daddies???
Love BeBe
Post a Comment