This first picture below is already out of date. It has snowed several more inches since I took this photo the other day. It's crazy to me to think that this snow will be here until May! Cah-razy! B-man and Boo have been outside on several occasions to shovel the driveway. I had my turn yesterday while B-man was at work. Whew, that was hard work! What makes is particularly stressful is trying to get the snow out into the street before the tractors and dumptrucks come to take it away. You're allowed to shovel into the road as long as you do it before they get to your street. If they beat you to it, then you have to shovel into the yard, which is not ideal. Boo and I didn't win the race yesterday. Lol! They came when we were about 1/4 of the way done. So, into the yard it had to go. Boo was so distraught because B-man had been telling him to shovel into the street and here I was telling him to shovel into the yard. There have been at least two other occasions where B-man has been out there shoveling against the clock as we could hear and see the heavy equipment getting closer to our street.

Here's a video of the snow removal process.
They come by with these graders and pile up the snow into the middle of the road.
And then they bring in this other machine and it dumps the snow into the dumptrucks.
The dumptrunks then take the snow to fields and dumps the snow. It's quite the process.
Let me also just say that the snow doesn't slow anyone down here! There have been no school delays or cancellations. In fact, Boo's preschool class went out and played in the snow on Thursday. We have to bring in all of their snow clothes everyday from now until May!
The days are getting shorter and it's pretty cold out there, but we're still having fun, I think. Gotta love the adventure!
Weather Stats: It's 16 degrees right now and feels like 7.
Sunrise: 8:54 a.m.
The dumptrunks then take the snow to fields and dumps the snow. It's quite the process.
Let me also just say that the snow doesn't slow anyone down here! There have been no school delays or cancellations. In fact, Boo's preschool class went out and played in the snow on Thursday. We have to bring in all of their snow clothes everyday from now until May!
The days are getting shorter and it's pretty cold out there, but we're still having fun, I think. Gotta love the adventure!
Weather Stats: It's 16 degrees right now and feels like 7.
Sunrise: 8:54 a.m.
Sunset: 4:30 p.m.

2 comments:
That's amazing! I cannot believe its life as normal, when just a few flurries gets everyone here in such a tizzy!!!!
R
That's amazing! I cannot believe its life as normal, when just a few flurries gets everyone here in such a tizzy!!!!
R
Post a Comment