Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dinosaurs

There's been an exhibit here in San Antonio at one of the museums in town called Dinosaurs Unearthed. Back in March, our Mom's club had scheduled a time to go down and check it out. But, it ended up being right after the exhibit opened and it was during spring break. So, when we drove up to the museum there were at least 150 (am I right Carrie?) people in line outside the museum. I thought, "there's no way we're standing in that line!" I mean, Boo didn't even know where we were or what we were doing. So, after talking to my friend who was going to brave the line (she had a 4 yr old who wanted to stay and see them), Boo and I decided to drive around to the zoo and ride the train. He was happy as a clam to do that! We even tried going once after spring break, but again the line was super long and again we opted for the train ride option.

So, we decided to try it yesterday. I figured that people have had all summer to go, so I was hoping the line wouldn't be long. I wasn't entirely sure Boo would enjoy it either. I mean, he was scared to go in the Alamo when Aunt R came b/c of the noise of all of the children inside.

So, we pulled into the parking lot and started selling the idea of seeing the dinosaurs bigtime!
Me: "Do you want to see a dinosaur, G?"
Boo: "Okaaaaaaaay!"
Me: "What does the dinosaur say?" (hoping to prepare him for the roars)
Boo: "Roar!"
Daddy: "RRROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!" (really preparing him for the noise level) ;)


So, we headed up to the entrance and there was no line! We got right inside. Boo was definitely scared at first, but quickly got over it and became a little mad man running around all over the place.
You might get a little scared and put your finger up your nose too if you were watching this guy below.




He is a little scary, huh?


So we moved over to the pit where you can unearth dino bones.
He l-o-v-e-d it there and it was a great distraction for him while he got used to all of the ROARS!



Then, he was ready to go and loved looking at the rest of the dinos.
He would say "hi dinosaur" and "bye dinosaur" as he made his way around.


He was having so much fun that I literally had to hold him down to get a picture!


The Witte museum also has a science treehouse area out back, so went to check it out.
Here's a pic of Boo and B-man on the self pulley thingy! :)


It was a great little outing and I'm glad that B-man got to enjoy it with us.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are doing a great job of giving Boo all types of experiences! Pats on the back to you both.
Love BeBe

Teacher-Mom said...

What a fun family experience! I'm impressed that Boo braved the dinosaurs and even liked them. I could see them being a little overwhelming and scary.

The Masini Family: said...

Glad you finally made it and you are patient enough to wait out the crowds, unlike this crazy Mama! ;-) Glad you also had B-Man do that pulley thing....it is a lot of work, especially with a little one on your lap!