Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Conversation

Our Lil Boo is quite the talker these days, well for him anyway. It's so cute to hear him say Schlitterbahn and gymnastics. And up to this point, I've really been having to feed him the lines to say when people ask him a question or in just giving an appropriate response for things like mama giving him a glass of milk, etc.

BUT, this week...his responses are more spontaneous...and appropriate.

When I give him his blueberries and fresh nilk in the morning (yes, nilk...still working on that one) he now just says, "Thank you Mama" on his own.

He was having trouble closing the back door today and was staring to whine. Usually, I tell him that he needs to ask for help. Well, today my response was, "What do you say?..." and he said, "Help you mama..."! Okay, so we're still working on the pronouns too, but you get the idea. HE was asking for help. And, the miracle of it all...he stopped whining when he decided to ask for help! Woohoo!

And furthermore, this afternoon I burped and he said, "scuse you, Mama"!

Just more evidence that my Lil Boo is growing up!

Sniff...sniff! :)

2 comments:

The Masini Family: said...

I meant to mention it yesterday at the Bahn, but I noticed that he was speaking more and more clearly!! That will definitely help things when Miss Bit comes along! Go Boo!

Teacher-Mom said...

Very cute- I particularly like the help you, mama! That goes with Max saying hold you when he wants to be held! I just can't believe how much they are talking these days. It's so fun to sit and talk to them, even if it's a short conversation.